Author Topic: Steamline  (Read 5614 times)

Offline ByGoneQuill

• Salutes: 0
    • [W&C]
    • View Profile
Steamline
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:18:03 am »
I've recently noticed that these forums, well, existed. I discovered squid races, thought it would be very enjoyable to partake in, it probably is, but watching is rather... dull. At least for me. Which is why I'd like to pioneer a new kind of competition, called Steamline. The rules will be based on the animated movie "Redline" a great anime movie for those who like to do things like watch anime.

ANY ship is allowed, I'm willing to see what kind of things people start coming up with.
ONLY spanners may be used to repair damaged components and ONLY mallets may be used to repair broken ones. (this is under review)
ANYTHING goes. weapons, tar, grenades, Gatling guns, rockets, and so on.
There will be other ships on the course, it could be a junker armed with an Artemis and a few pesky flare-guns, or a galleon armed with the most annoying of weapons!
The races will be enduranced based, hopefully three laps through various. The location is always unknown, as is "Redline"
If you die, you die for good...

Above all i want this to be fun! not competitive!
I also want this to be fun to watch! If anyone has a cool voice, likes casting or announcing things, or voice acting, let me know! if we could whip up a whacky stream to broadcast this, even if no one's watching, I hope it to be fun to work on such a stream.

Rules are subject to change, if someone has a suggestion, they better say it!

If anyone would be interesting in such a race post here and let me know what you'd like to do such as Race, Cast, Spectate and so on.
would be cool, if we did something cool and different to change things up.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Steamline
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:47:21 am »
ONLY spanners may be used to repair damaged components and ONLY mallets may be used to repair broken ones. (this is under review)

How would this be enforced?

Offline ByGoneQuill

• [W&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:50:41 am »
I am first going to place my trust in the players. If that doesn't work i have lot's of options like removing the rule, as well as spectating the players, if it's not a  popular rule i'll probably remove it. But, i think it's a cool idea

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:54:08 am »
Yeah, it would just be hard to spectate everyone at once.  There are only four spectate slots, and one would be occupied by whomever is casting, so that leaves three spectators to observe (at least) four ships.  I think it would be pretty much impossible to enforce, and as much as I'd like to have faith in the honor system, I'm not sure it'd work.

Offline ByGoneQuill

• [W&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:58:06 am »
It'll get 1 chance then, you make excellent points. but, we have to get a group of racers together, and i don't even know how popular this will be.