Author Topic: tooltips  (Read 3758 times)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
tooltips
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:30:09 pm »
we do have tutorial text, and that's great, but it doesn't cover everything.  I'd like to see it expanded with a tooltip function and cover things like the difference in hit markers, the difference between green and brown matches, and how to whisper or reply to a whisper in game.

there's a few ways I've seen that do this...one of the big ones being a pop-up when a cursor mouses over something.  I'd like this one with a disable function in it, but I could only see this getting implemented in lobbies, and that won't cover everything either.

some of the games I've played had a random tip at the bottom of a loading screen.  I never liked this in the games I played, since sometimes the games loaded faster than I could read the tip, but it may be more doable for us here, since it does take a bit of time for the match to start.

my favorite implementation I've seen is utilizing dead space upon login to display a random tip.  I'd probably add a function to toggle through them and read them all at once if someone wanted to, and an added function to disable or minimize the tooltips altogether.

it's a thought, anyway; what do you guys think.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: tooltips
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »
I do believe hints are going in with the matchmaking screens.