Author Topic: Create a weapon or ship  (Read 9898 times)

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Create a weapon or ship
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:11 am »
If your like me  then your prolly tired of all the ships and weapon choices
So let's be creative   

I'll start off with weapons

A large cannon that shoots cannon balls
Nice simply and cool

I would like to see a large melee weapon like a pike or giant blade
 Or a giant tar gun tha slows movement of crew members
Or a harpoon that emits a electrical charge 

I'll do more when I get to a real computer

Offline Sir. Bennigan

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Create a weapon or ship
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:17:00 pm »
A Skywhale summoner.

It shoots a whistling ball that sticks to a ship. The glorious Skywhales are provoked by the irritable noise and attack the ship with the whistle stuck to it.

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:24:09 pm »
A Skywhale summoner.

It shoots a whistling ball that sticks to a ship. The glorious Skywhales are provoked by the irritable noise and attack the ship with the whistle stuck to it.

clearly animal abuse, make it an Air Kraken, they are whales natural prey, the whale will come and we get to stop fighting and watch a miracle of nature, still animal abuse I guess

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 12:34:04 pm »
I would like to see a large slow moving guided torpedo that can be shot down by the defensive ship's gunners.

I would like to see a sticky bomb that detonates a couple of seconds after it attaches to the hull giving the engineers a chance to knock it off.

I would like to see a ship with five side facing light weapons (2 on the left  3 on the right) but no forward or rear facing ones. The guns would be arranged  alternating right, left, right, left ,right down its long hull. A catwalk would snake left and right between  the gun mounts forcing the crew to slalom to get from the front of the ship to the back. We could call it the "Quatzequatel" after the Mayan sky serpent.

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 01:02:38 pm »
I would like to see a large slow moving guided torpedo that can be shot down by the defensive ship's gunners.

I would like to see a sticky bomb that detonates a couple of seconds after it attaches to the hull giving the engineers a chance to knock it off.

I would like to see a ship with five side facing light weapons (2 on the left  3 on the right) but no forward or rear facing ones. The guns would be arranged  alternating right, left, right, left ,right down its long hull. A catwalk would snake left and right between  the gun mounts forcing the crew to slalom to get from the front of the ship to the back. We could call it the "Quatzequatel" after the Mayan sky serpent.

I like the idea of an all broadside ship lol, however it would be incredibly easy to kill if you could maneuver behind it the correct way, well I guess the same goes for all ships

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 02:38:32 pm »
I'd like to see a ship that has angled guns that face slightly upward or downward- this would give that ship an advantage at different altitudes, not just distances and direction.

Probably faced upwards, though, because a balloon-popper with that angle could be insane.

I'd also like to see biplanes available... or something that acts like an even quicker and weaker version of the Squid. How about a plane-like ship that doesn't have a balloon, but it can't go in reverse or come to a stop? The hull is very weak, and it only has two light-guns, one facing forward and backward. One engine, that, if destroyed, acts as the balloon and makes the plane lose altitude.

It would also be a very cozy ship.

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:15 pm »
something that acts like an even quicker and weaker version of the Squid. How about a plane-like ship that doesn't have a balloon, but it can't go in reverse or come to a stop? The hull is very weak, and it only has two light-guns, one facing forward and backward. One engine, that, if destroyed, acts as the balloon and makes the plane lose altitude.

So basically a bi-plane just worded differently?

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 04:13:01 pm »
something that acts like an even quicker and weaker version of the Squid. How about a plane-like ship that doesn't have a balloon, but it can't go in reverse or come to a stop? The hull is very weak, and it only has two light-guns, one facing forward and backward. One engine, that, if destroyed, acts as the balloon and makes the plane lose altitude.

So basically a bi-plane just worded differently?

A biplane implies that the plane has two wing surfaces on the front for lift. It doesn't have to be a biplane, I just was brainstorming for a plane-like thing in general- something not an airship.

Offline Roderick Archer

• Salutes: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 09:42:10 am »
A ship called the Dust Skipper.

Instead of being tethered to a balloon, the balloon supports the main deck from below.

It's got two heavy guns, on the left and right side, and a light gun at the front.

Its main strength is its ability to rise and fall very quickly and turn fast, but it's weak in the fact that its slow and the balloon is an easy target.