Author Topic: Fire charges caused by various weapons.  (Read 7890 times)

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Fire charges caused by various weapons.
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:27 pm »
I have been researching a bit about fire charges chance of different weapons and I would like to share some of the data with you, in hopes of confirmation:

Banshee - 35% on direct hit to cause 1 stack | 26.4% on AoE to cause 2 stacks.

Hades - 25% on direct hit to cause 1 stack | 40% on AoE to cause 1 stacks.

Flamethrower - 18% for 1 stack.

incendiary is quite peculiar since the last update I found to mention it, gave it a 25% separate chance to cause 1 stack - while in-game it says 20% (might have missed something).
^ I have three questions regarding incendiary:

1. is it 20% or 25%?
2. When saying a separate chance it is implied that on top of the check of say, flamethrowers 18% fire ignition chance, it will have a 20%( or 25% but we'll roll with 20% for the sake of the example. ) to ignite one more stack. Will it work like in the attached file? or pretty much just a 38% to cause fire and 62% to not cause a fire?
3.will it have this function depicted above on both direct and aoe? meaning you will have an extra chance both in direct hit and aoe hits? or only direct/only aoe?

I would love to hear from a person with code access since it is very hard to accurately test those things in sandbox, about confirming, correcting and or answering what was said above, and additionally of ignition chances of more weapon ( basically all explosive weapons ).

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Fire charges caused by various weapons.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:50:35 pm »
Incendiary is in fact 25%. It seems that it is added on top before the roll for fire happens. After that, anything on the object taking damage that modifies fire chance (such as hydrogen) is then multiplied into the final chance to catch fire.

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 01:01:53 pm »
Incendiary is in fact 25%. It seems that it is added on top before the roll for fire happens. After that, anything on the object taking damage that modifies fire chance (such as hydrogen) is then multiplied into the final chance to catch fire.

i.e. flamer will have a 43% to ignite using incendiary, and not what I depicted in the image?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 01:43:25 pm »
That does appear to be correct. Obviously a bit difficult to tell if it's working as intended though.

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »
I would still like confirmation and or data about other weapon's fire chances if possible.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 04:14:10 am »
I'd like to know the chances of fire happening when shooting weapons which do not have the primary purpose of starting fires. Since this perfomance rating thing is in the game I noticed to have caused fires by exclusively shooting the LJ without using incendiary. Before I thought explosive weapons all had a chance to cause fires related to the ammount of explosive damage they deal, but the LJ doesn't have explosive damage type.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 08:29:26 am »
Any weapon can be given a chance to cause fire on hit. I don't have numbers on hand, but they can be set for each gun individually. Even the flame thrower uses this to determine how much fire components receive.

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:33:14 pm »
Any weapon can be given a chance to cause fire on hit. I don't have numbers on hand, but they can be set for each gun individually. Even the flame thrower uses this to determine how much fire components receive.

Yes, I never questioned that, I brought examples of different chances of ignition on different guns like banshee, hades or flamer.
My question is referring to those exact numbers you are speaking of - again, if possible.