Author Topic: Add/Subtract Ships from Matches Option  (Read 13757 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Add/Subtract Ships from Matches Option
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 03:23:14 pm »
Howard said it is possible and if we "really want it" Muse can do it. Although Devs wondered for a minute whether it will work well (or even needed) with matchmaking system.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 05:41:15 pm »
I want it badly

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 08:35:48 pm »
oh yeah, it'd be super helpful to just edit the thing right there and not have to go back out of the lobby and let matchmaking do its thing all over again or try to get the match set up all over again.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 08:53:15 pm »
Well, with matchmaking, you'd go to a whole new lobby with a whole new set of people, wouldn't you?  Correct me if I'm wrong -- I haven't participated in any of the matchmaking tests yet.  If I have a few crews I've been enjoying playing with but suddenly there is too much space to fill the other ships, I'd rather have the option to stick with them and just remove the empty ships (or add ships if others want to join or whatever) :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »
Sent it to the Devs and the Add/Remove ship option was called literally "UI and logistical nightmare", so probably we shouldn't expect this to be done.

Edit: I see that my previous post says completely different. To clarify - the previous post is based on Fireside Chat and this post is based on e-mail exchange. So it may have been like "Oh, sure, it's a great idea" then after some thinking "...but it's too much of a hustle to make"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:21:01 pm by Mr.Disaster »

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 07:55:02 pm »
Well, with matchmaking, you'd go to a whole new lobby with a whole new set of people, wouldn't you?  Correct me if I'm wrong -- I haven't participated in any of the matchmaking tests yet.  If I have a few crews I've been enjoying playing with but suddenly there is too much space to fill the other ships, I'd rather have the option to stick with them and just remove the empty ships (or add ships if others want to join or whatever) :)

unless everyone went to crew formation together.  I expect crew formation is going to get a lot more use when matchmaking's implemented to play with friends and clanmates, too.

Sent it to the Devs and the Add/Remove ship option was called literally "UI and logistical nightmare", so probably we shouldn't expect this to be done.

boo!
yeah they probably looked into what it'd take to make it happen.