Author Topic: viewing ship themes  (Read 10953 times)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
viewing ship themes
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:50:03 pm »
so Daemacil pointed out he's interested in some of the themes, but is reluctant to buy any since they're not well visible in the shop.  so essentially he's going to wait until he happens to crew a ship with one of those themes, and he'll take a second to scope it out.  I think it'd be a good idea to correct this...

so the view is on a fixed axis and you can't really zoom in as much as you need to in order to see the themes.  there's a lot of different ways to supplement - allowing you to play around with the ship in the shop as much as you can play around in spectator mode of a match, or adding screenshots, or something.  something!  but I'm inclined to agree with him - I have a hard time seeing the ship themes in the shop too.

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
Re: viewing ship themes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:36 pm »
or something.  something!

I, too, want Muse to something the something out of this problem.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »
Yeah, you really can't see the themes at all in the store.

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:38:50 pm »
or something.  something!

I, too, want Muse to something the something out of this problem.

verb the adjective noun, yes, thank you for your support.

XD

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 02:16:18 am »
How about a button that you click to load the ship with that theme in Practice/Sandbox?

Offline CheeseAlmighty

• Salutes: 5
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 07:31:02 am »
^This.

For example, I was thinking about buying the fortress theme, but I haven't seen it on any ship. Without way to assess if it's worth it, I didn't. Could you at least add screenshots of it(and for every theme and figure head) to the release notes, or somewhere we can easily see, until a good fix for it arrives? Pleeeease? :3

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 08:32:29 am »
How about a button that you click to load the ship with that theme in Practice/Sandbox?

frankly that'd be the best option.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 03:11:17 pm »
Get yourself a dev-app key. All items in the dev-app are free (it sketchily asks for confirmation, but doesn't actually charge your account). Then you can fly around in practice mode and try out all of the figure heads, themes, dyes, outfits, etc, until you find your perfect set-up to buy in-game.

As an added bonus, you can help test out developmental builds and give feedback on potential changes Muse is looking to make. They love their feedback!

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 03:13:50 pm »
Delicious delicious feedback.

Offline CheeseAlmighty

• Salutes: 5
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 03:25:44 pm »
Get yourself a dev-app key. All items in the dev-app are free (it sketchily asks for confirmation, but doesn't actually charge your account). Then you can fly around in practice mode and try out all of the figure heads, themes, dyes, outfits, etc, until you find your perfect set-up to buy in-game.

That, I didn't know. Never tried the shop in it before, well, it's settled then. TO THE DEV APP!

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 04:12:38 pm »
Like I said, it will ask for confirmation, but I and others can attest that as legitimate as the requests for money look, you will not be charged. If I was cool enough to do video recordings I would record myself "spending" over $100 multiple times over grabbing up everything. Heck, try it with a cheapy item just to prove it to yourself. I was supremely skeptical the first time I tried it, otherwise I wouldn't elaborate like this.

Muse, if you change that, please make a public announcement so I don't accidentally sink hundreds of dollars into your dev app ^.^;

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »
I suggested this quite some time ago, and it was deemed a good idea by several Muse devs. Not sure what happened after that.

After a bit of searching, found the thread (in dev app, so can't link it here)

One large problem with the ship themes is that you can not really get a good view of what you are buying. You have to actually be on the ship to see just about everything, especially lower deck areas. With costumes, you can see exactly what you are getting. Unless you can jump on someone's ship, themes are basically a mystery package.

Would it be possible to have some sort of option to click on a ship theme in the store, and have an option like "Preview in Blumer's Blastyard", which would launch you directly into the practice map where you could look around the ship?

Or would it be possible to make some sort of gallery map option that you and your friends can join together to look at themes (like we have been doing in DevApp), as such:

I think it is a really bad idea to release themes without some way to look at them better and more easily.

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 09:11:27 pm »
mmm.  thank you for that.  I'll have to check the dev app for sure and let Daemacil stand over my shoulder until he breaks down and gets his own key.

...but it's a work-around.  still needs a fix.