Author Topic: Important Community Building Tools/Contacts  (Read 7991 times)

Offline Letonator

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Important Community Building Tools/Contacts
« on: August 08, 2014, 09:51:04 pm »
The entire Guns community has been growing by leaps and bounds lately, so I went ahead and put together a quick listing of resources and connections that individuals and clans can take advantage of to actively grow and strengthen themselves.

Important Skype Groups

Clan Leaders Discussion Group-
This is a skype group made for the explicit purpose of giving clan leaders a direct connection to each other for the purposes of organization and scheduling, as well as communications. I would ask that individuals keep personal or intra-clan disputes or issues out of this, as it's gonna be important to keep things professional and reasonable. In addition, if an individual that joins this group steps down as a clan leader, they will be required to leave this chat to keep things as uncluttered as possible.

Official Casters and Youtubers Discussion Group-
This is a skype group made for the explicit purpose of organizing and promotions between active casters and youtubers for the Guns of Icarus community. There won't be many restrictions on this group, and I'd like to actively encourage the sharing of streams, links, videos, and more through it. It's specifically for streamers, casters, and youtubers so if you don't fall into those categories we ask you not request access. In addition, if you retire from casting, streaming, or youtubing, we ask you leave this group to keep things as uncluttered as possible.

Official Competitive Organization Group-
This is a skype group made for the explicit purpose of organizing any and all major competitive events for the GOIO community. It's for all participants in major events, from referees to organizers to administrators to casters. There are few restrictions on this group but I would ask you keep things professional.

To request access to any of these groups, email us at therobanddanshow@gmail.com with your skype name and the group(s) you'd like to be granted access to, as well as who you are and why, or if you already have me on skype just ask there.

MLG Links and Resources

The Guns of Icarus Online MLG Forums-
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/f/Guns-of-Icarus-3904
These are the official MLG forums for Guns of Icarus Online. We can post events, announcements, updates, and more all here as we feel like, so feel free to use them to your advantage. A lot of people will see activity here and quite naturally be drawn to it.

The Guns of Icarus MLG "Create a Team" Site-
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/guns-of-icarus/teams/create
This is the link to create a team for the official MLG system. It's important to make sure you have control of your team and name, so get it made as soon as you make your team in game and get to racking up points in the MLG system.

The Guns of Icarus MLG Ruleset-
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/guns-of-icarus/ladder/2-ships-vs-2-ships/rules
This is the ruleset for any official Guns of Icarus MLG events. To make a tournament or event an official MLG event, they must abide to these rules before being submitted to MLG.

Important Community Email Boxes

Keyvias@Musegames.com
For obvious reasons, the main figurehead for the community for MuseGames and the primary major contact for anything and everything that is the community at large. For when you simply don't know who to go to, or if something is of the upmost importance, Keyvias is your man.

GreyT@MuseGames.com
GreyT is a major contact for the community, including being the primary point of contact for the Tuesday and Thursday Developer matches. If you need help getting something done, but just need a little nudge or a bit of help in the right direction, GreyT is the gentleman to talk to.

feedback@musegames.com
This may seem odd to put here, but it's vital to remember that Muse looks at their feedback emails. Well written and understandable messages shot in this box will be looked at and strongly considered by the makers of Guns of Icarus. Don't sit around complaining, write them and tell the company how you feel!

TheRobAndDanShow@Gmail.com
We're the largest broadcast group in the Guns of Icarus community, but we also do a lot of organization for the community, as well as assisting other broadcast groups. Beyond that though, if you need to get in touch with me (Dan) this is the best email to use, and I can help find you whatever resources or get you in touch with the folks in the community that makes things happen.

Thomas@musegames.com
The primary point of contact for the bi-weekly newsletter The Squeeky Cog, he's always looking for talented individuals to show off their artistic and written skills. If you're ever interested in creating content for The Squeeky Cog (featured on the GOIO front page) talk to him!

ipretend2becool@gmail.com
Goldenglade is one of our most senior mods, and a well respected member of the community across the board. If you're having issues that you need to talk to a mod or CA directly about, Goldenglade has kindly submitted his personal gmail account for just such an occasion.

[If something was missed in this post, or you feel a resource or contact would be important for the community at large to have on hand, please post it below and we'll get it amended ASAP. In addition, if you feel your contact info was posted here erroneously or you did not want it posted, message me through the forums and we'll get it removed.]

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Important Community Building Tools/Contacts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 05:46:58 am »
GoI contact group (steam)
contains members of competitive clans which are responsible for scrim/event organization and some casters.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 08:37:59 am »
grey t no longer responsible for dev matches, thats Jacob from cake.

Offline Admiral Ackbar RTDT

• Salutes: 5
    • [Krag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:26:39 am »
Not sure where to put this but commenting here seemed right.

My clan wants to start joining competitions but there isn't a guide on how to start. Signing up and finding out about matches before the signups are full is difficult if you don't know where to look. Also learning about passwords and hidden matches that you have signed up for can be daunting. I have been figuring it out but but someone who knows more should make a guide for others like me who want to join the competitive games but don't know how.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 02:54:53 am »
Just observe this subforum.
Sacs VIP Event is around christmas and new year but im not entirely sure when. Gotta have a look at their thread and opening post.
SCS is currently on pause and will continue next year. Other than that there will probably be big tournaments next year again aswell. But nothing confirmed yet.

Another good start is to do some scrimmages for preparation.

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 09:05:42 am »
I'll be changing the format of the SCS signup threads to clear them up and make them more newcomer friendly next year.

Offline Admiral Ackbar RTDT

• Salutes: 5
    • [Krag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 12:30:30 pm »
Thank you. We have been doing the VIP things almost every week. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something or if not much was going on currently. Making everything more newcomer friendly would be great :)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 09:11:10 pm »
these are relevant to my interests. Though alot of them are invite only so...