Author Topic: ammo types and making the gunner viable  (Read 6406 times)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
ammo types and making the gunner viable
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:34:32 pm »
lately the gunner has become a legend of old when heatsink was a valuable ammo type

I think what the game needs to make the gunner better again, could be done through various disabling ammo types.

I have some suggestions for new ammo types, that might bring in the need for a player with 3 ammo types to choose from agian.

1. Jamming ammo.
ammo that jam other enemy ships weapons.

either by making them not shoot, gives them longer reload or makes it impossible to turn the gun perhaps.
this ammo would ofcourse deal next to nothing damage, but is surely a way to counter the gatlings shredding power.

2. bumping ammo.
ammo that makes your gun fire 1 shot like lochnagar.
upon impact it will work as a small ram.
very helpfull against galleons and sniper loadouts.
would deal no damage.

3. ammo type that makes it harder to steer
possibly ammo that could make the engines of a ship stop working for a small amount of time.
or make it possible for a ship to descent.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
Re: ammo types and making the gunner viable
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:12:59 pm »
OMG Bumping ammo. 
Put that on my squid, with a merc... bump.... bump... bump.  I'd have loads of tard fun with it.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33:50 pm »
With the way collisions work right now, you could easily kill someone in one shot with that by glitching them into terrain.  It would make Galleons utterly useless as they spin helplessly round and round.  It's like a Pyramidion you can shoot.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:58:30 am »
With the way collisions work right now, you could easily kill someone in one shot with that by glitching them into terrain.  It would make Galleons utterly useless as they spin helplessly round and round.  It's like a Pyramidion you can shoot.

ofcourse it wouldnt have the force of a ship ramming, just a little poke to keep people from using snipers, or to annoy the galleon captain who needs perfect lineup. could be each shot like lochnagar would destroy the gun.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 01:34:13 am »
Except with the way collisions work, a small force can still send a ship into a death spin or glitch them into terrain.  I mean, all of Duel at Dawn is a glitch trap waiting to happen.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 01:54:16 am »
Ammo that prevents guns from shooting? Isn't the same effect achieved by destroying enemy guns? How would that be better than a shatter weapon? Also, making it harder for ships to steer, isn't that the same as destroying a turning engine?

The only thing I think would save the gunner class is making lesmok and heavy clip gunner exclusive, then every ship will have at least one gunner.