Author Topic: Achievements involving lasting effect pilot tools.  (Read 5312 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Achievements involving lasting effect pilot tools.
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:37:20 pm »
So we all know how to use tools like chute vent, hydrogen, Moonshine, and other pilot tools that damage components and have effects that last a few seconds after they are activated: 9 times out of 10, just flick it on real quick so you can get that dodge or sweet, sweet ram and then disselect it just a moment later and let the lasting effects do the job.

This gets troublesome for achievements that make me use lots of Chute Vent, as I have to farm them, as I *very* rarely actually have the tool selected for more than a second.
Sometimes less than a second, causing the achievement to seemingly not even count the time in-use.

Is there any way to make the achievement count the time the tool is active and damaging my balloon/engines even when not selected and add that to the achievement timer?

Thanks in advance,
Peace and Fire,

-Kirk

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
Re: Achievements involving lasting effect pilot tools.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:16 pm »
You know, all you have to do is join a certain very very empty game late at night with 5 other people and you will "mysteriously" have completed your achivements the following morning!  ;)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:40:10 pm »
I'm rather fond of having both my kidneys, thanks.

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:19:24 am »
Hmm, I agree with Kirk here, since that achievement in particular is so early in the chain.

I understand that we have certain "grind" achievements, but those are mostly for things a player would already do - buff stuff, rebuild stuff, break stuff, kill stuff.

The ones that require you to grind actions that actively hinder your play is kind of dumb. Things like "extinguish with chem spray" - why isn't this "prevent fires with chem spray" instead?

And instead of "use X pilot tool for Y seconds" why not "complete this objective with pilot tools X times"? It could be much shorter - something like, "use hydrogen to ram a ship from below" or "chute vent to ram a ship from above", along with a much shorter "use X tool for Y seconds".

Offline Yarr Vinny Scarr

• Salutes: 7
    • [♛]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 01:45:14 pm »
The ones that require you to grind actions that actively hinder your play is kind of dumb. Things like "extinguish with chem spray" - why isn't this "prevent fires with chem spray" instead?

And instead of "use X pilot tool for Y seconds" why not "complete this objective with pilot tools X times"? It could be much shorter - something like, "use hydrogen to ram a ship from below" or "chute vent to ram a ship from above", along with a much shorter "use X tool for Y seconds".

Agreed!

I think the Engineer one's are fine, but the pilots with the X amound of seconds is just not realistic.
This would also dramatically decrease the achievement farm on those pilot skills. (It's a pain for a engineer tho)