Author Topic: 3v3 CP Spawns  (Read 9250 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
3v3 CP Spawns
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:12:19 am »
The spawn points should be changed so that no team has the advantage of spawning next to the activate point.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: 3v3 CP Spawns
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 10:00:26 am »
+1

This or just set the first activating point to always be the one in the middle of the map.

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 10:03:14 am »
+1

This or just set the first activating point to always be the one in the middle of the map.

I think this is the better solution, have crazy king always start at "A" in the center of the map.

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 10:03:34 am »
Heheh, since when were any of the CP maps balanced? XD/

However, it is a bit frustrating how some people abuse the spawns to "teleport" to the next point more quickly.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:53 am »
And how do you propose this to happen? Cp maps by nature have points all over the map, so separated spawns for red/blue will always result in an advantage for one or the other.

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:12:04 am »
And how do you propose this to happen? Cp maps by nature have points all over the map, so separated spawns for red/blue will always result in an advantage for one or the other.

Fixed crazy king at point A start! Regardless of asymmetric spawn (which is okay - see Dota), the first objective is always central so roughly equivalent for both teams.

If we want to make crazy kings different instead of deterministic, then after the first point, it is a random chance whether this crazy king will go alphabetical (ABCDE) or reverse-alphabetical (AEDCB).

This way the second point is random so players all fight for A, and after that they can get their strategy together.

Plus this way crazy king is actually "crazy" instead of always the same.

I am OKAY with post-start spawns being next to active points, because each "side" has a different set of "good" points, and this promotes strategy. With my plan of random point order, the advantage should shift between sides each match.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:14:00 am by pandatopia »

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:14 am »
separated spawns for red/blue
Fixed!

Make it like Duel at Dawn for the spawns, then maybe deactivate spawns based on where the point is.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 10:17:23 am »

Fixed crazy king at point A start! Regardless of asymmetric spawn (which is okay - see Dota), the first objective is always central so roughly equivalent for both teams.

If we want to make crazy kings different instead of deterministic, then after the first point, it is a random chance whether this crazy king will go alphabetical (ABCDE) or reverse-alphabetical (AEDCB).

This way the second point is random so players all fight for A, and after that they can get their strategy together.

Plus this way crazy king is actually "crazy" instead of always the same.

I am OKAY with post-start spawns being next to active points, because each "side" has a different set of "good" points, and this promotes strategy. With my plan of random point order, the advantage should shift between sides each match.

While that might make the points more interesting, that doesn't do anything about spawns having advantages for points following A.

separated spawns for red/blue
Fixed!

Make it like Duel at Dawn for the spawns, then maybe deactivate spawns based on where the point is.

Dual at Dawn spawning is terrible. The idea of deactivating spawns based on proximity is as old as the current spawn system, which I do support, but have yet to see even tested.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 10:56:12 am »
I wanted to see one spawn point in the center of the map and have the control points spread around. Both teams would start the match right next to each other and would have to decide rather to attack or run for the point. But that might be too crazy (even for crazy king)

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 11:46:04 am »
The spawns really are right next to the point. How about having 2-3 spawns for each team somewhere in-between the points, so that it still takes a while to get to the point. This would still result in "I am gonna spawn close to the next point" for 1 team is closer to B than the other, but it could also happen that both teams have a spawn relatively close to point C, with the same distance to cover.
Anglean has such a spawn on the right of the map (don't remember which team). It's right between D and E and it almost takes just as long to get there is it does to get to point A from this spawn. Come to think of it, do Anglean and Firnfield not have the exact same spawn points for each team?
Flayed Hills is another example of said, suggested spawns, for it has one on top and bottom of the map. Although I think the one on the bottom of the map might actually be closer to E than D...

I wanted to see one spawn point in the center of the map and have the control points spread around. Both teams would start the match right next to each other and would have to decide rather to attack or run for the point. But that might be too crazy (even for crazy king)

It could work for King of the Flayed Hills where there is no point A in the middle.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 08:32:06 am »
I'd like to have dynamic spawn points for crazy king maps. A set of spawn points for each balloon - equidistant to the active (and if possible also next) CP  for both teams.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 11:49:43 am »
Rather than changing the spawns, I think crazy king should start at A so it is fair at the start. After that the spawns and points seem to balance out on their own

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 02:59:45 pm »
Howard agreed that changing spawn points should be done (on some maps). Desert Scrap mentioned.