Author Topic: Damage Type Combinations (for discussion and new ideas)  (Read 22632 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Damage Type Combinations (for discussion and new ideas)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »
Can we totally have a giant tesla coil as a heavy gun so I can shoot thunder off my Goldfish's bow?

Offline Teh Celery's

• Salutes: 6
    • [Hwut]
    • View Profile
    • WasteOfTime
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 11:30:50 pm »
Also, yes I think that Explosive/Fire or Fire/Explosive seems to be the most interesting and not likely to be overpowered combination. Plus, it fits in with the alternate reality timeline because firebombs were definitely available in WW1/WW2.

Heavy Napalm Launcher!

This is the best suggestion for a fire damage Heavy weapon that I've heard to date...
maybe make it stack a (greatly reduced) number of flames even on chem sprayed components to make it more viable.

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 01:26:28 am »
I would love a tesla gun too, but I think I heard somewhere that, lore-wise, that kind of technology doesn't exist in the game's timeline.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 05:32:51 am »
I would love a tesla gun too, but I think I heard somewhere that, lore-wise, that kind of technology doesn't exist in the game's timeline.

Well, the original game had em so I don't see any reason not to have them here, Muse even has pre-made models for them that they never released.

They don't realy need to do some sort of electric damage either, electricity is a form of energy, aka heat, so such a gun could just go with Fire/Shatter.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 06:42:22 am »
Am I the only person who doesn't want a Tesla coil? I'd find it really immersion breaking - I've only just managed to get over the hades.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 08:39:03 am »
Am I the only person who doesn't want a Tesla coil? I'd find it really immersion breaking - I've only just managed to get over the hades.

This is not a steampunk world, despite what the devs say, this is more of a dieselpunk setting since they have combustion engines that work with fuel, so tesla coils and elecricity are more than acceptable and believable weapons.

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 08:48:15 am »
Wasn't there a Tesla gun or something in "Flight of the Icarus"??

Besides this (the robots):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvXF3oGy-iE

if that ain't just awesome :P

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 08:48:44 am »
My problem isn't the diesel punk, its only the ineffectiveness of using a Tesla coil as a weapon. Also that diesel punk, isn't cyber punk where some form of arcing energy weapon would feel appropriate.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:50:23 am by GeoRmr »

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 11:25:20 am »
My problem isn't the diesel punk, its only the ineffectiveness of using a Tesla coil as a weapon. Also that diesel punk, isn't cyber punk where some form of arcing energy weapon would feel appropriate.

Tesla is too old fashioned for Cyberpunk. Think of the future if imagined from the 80s and you have cyberpunk in all it's glory. Full VR dives, lots of neon, trenches and wrap-around sunglasses. I'm apparently a fool for anything with punk at the end, since the only thing I love more than steampunk is Cyberpunk.

Tesla-style electric weapons could fit in a steam/dieselpunk world. See http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ for a whole bunch of crazy examples. Their setting is a whole lot crazier than GoIO's, so maybe it's not the best example.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 08:55:43 am »
Mass drivers Impact/Impact -> especially good for pushing around squids.