Author Topic: Heavy duty weaponry  (Read 32111 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy duty weaponry
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 04:07:31 pm »
Well a gasoline flamer wouldn't just shoot out gas, it would be foundamentaly different on its usage, though your idea does seem cool :3

Offline Sanji the Chef

• Salutes: 2
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 06:33:06 pm »

What about a firestorm heavy gun? Launch a canister/molotov cocktail. When it either hits something or reaches max range it explodes into the size of a single tar cloud. The cloud creates 3(?) stacks of fire per second on any component inside it, and possibly the shot deals some sort of fun damage if it hits. Say primary damage is impact and secondary (AOE) damage is fire.

Heavy fire weapon that is not just a copy of a flamethrower. :D

^ i lik dis. dis gud stuf. But really, that'd be a lot of fun.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:58 am »
Noticing some derailing here. Lets try to keep in on point guys.

I too want to see a new heavy gun as the next addition in GOIO's arsenal.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 08:14:47 pm »
I'd want to see a heavy variant of the Hades. Having a straight piercing weapon wouldn't work well with heavy weapons in the game, (do we want a gat mortar equivalent galleon?) However some beat of a gun that deals some pierce and a lot of fire, with a low clip, large drop and huge projectile of fire flying across the sky could be awesome. Is that a sun? No, its the Hades Volcano Cannon dropping a world of hurt on you.

Offline Mandoza

• Salutes: 0
    • [FOXX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:32 am »
a light long range flechette weapon!
Tasty.

Actually, regarding a heavy flamethrower and all of the suggestions of a tar cloud ammo...

What about a firestorm heavy gun? Launch a canister/molotov cocktail. When it either hits something or reaches max range it explodes into the size of a single tar cloud. The cloud creates 3(?) stacks of fire per second on any component inside it, and possibly the shot deals some sort of fun damage if it hits. Say primary damage is impact and secondary (AOE) damage is fire.

Heavy fire weapon that is not just a copy of a flamethrower. :D

This is the most amazing thing!  I think it needs an alternate fire that puts the projectiles into non-detonate mode making it so that the ship gets coated in flamable liquid making it so that when your allies engage they can light up the ship and do more damage <3  I also think that 2 stacks per second and a maybe 15% bigger then a single tar clout would be more my fancy

*Alternate fire should not create a pool in mid air it should get to it's maximum range then fall at a medium speed unless ignited.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:09 am »
I remember a lot of discussion about a heavy piercing weapon in the past. Every body said it would be over powered and that gat flak galleons would rule the skies. Seeing how easy it is to disable a galleon these days I don't think we have to worry.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:13:05 am by Spud Nick »

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2014, 02:11:07 am »
I remember a lot of discussion about a heavy piercing weapon in the past. Every body said it would be over powered and that gat flak galleons would rule the skies. Seeing how easy it is to disable a galleon these day I don't think we have to worry.

It used to be even easier back in 1.2 with the old Lesmok Mercury gun that had a massive turning arc, people were just overreacting as usual. Disabling a Galleon was always easy, people were just too busy with the old Gat/Flak combos that they forgot the game also had disabling weapons because Gat/Flak was just too good at killing. Now with the buffed Artemis, it's a piece of cake as you don't even have to hit the gun pin point to damage it + you will damage both guns with one shot thanks to the Arty's explosion radius.

This has always been my counter argument to all these silly comments about Gat/Flak Galleons ruling GoIO but does anyone ever listen? :P

Now will Muse finally give us Pom-Poms?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 04:17:33 am »
Artillery cannon. Arming time and distance selectable by gunner. Shell explodes at that distance with a large AOE blast to say the size of flame thrower range. So you don't have to hit a vessel directly, just be near it. Could even give it a proximity range. Shell arc is greater than LJ. You cannot aim it directly at a vessel. Weapon would be intended for usage with a rangefinder. Advanced weapon for sure. Would take 2 to operate and a gunner to plan where the shell will fall in advance to catch a vessel.

Would lead to a lot of "You sunk my battleship!" jokes and battles. Probably make it a single shot weapon that has a load time.

So in otherwords, a town sacking gun. Could even make it have fire damage. So it would be a heavy Hades. Just have the shell explode and rain fire over the area under it. Hades Clusterbomb.

Offline Ultimate Pheer

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 09:24:14 am »
I just want a heavy Gatling.

Like the regular Gatling, but big.

Offline TeddyBearMafia

• Salutes: 8
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 01:21:59 am »
Artillery cannon. Arming time and distance selectable by gunner. Shell explodes at that distance with a large AOE blast to say the size of flame thrower range. So you don't have to hit a vessel directly, just be near it. Could even give it a proximity range. Shell arc is greater than LJ. You cannot aim it directly at a vessel. Weapon would be intended for usage with a rangefinder. Advanced weapon for sure. Would take 2 to operate and a gunner to plan where the shell will fall in advance to catch a vessel.

Actually... this.

I'd like some sort of artillery weapon that explodes into smaller explosive/fire shells when it reaches its arming range. Very high arc, as you suggested, with the spawned projectiles randomly shooting out in a small-medium sized aoe around the shell. In this way it can be used at long-range in innovative ways, for example, firing over walls in Paritan or Canyon Ambush to scope out enemy locations or force them to move.

It can also do minor impact damage if it doesn't arm, giving it some utility on a spire, for example, which might be trying to knock a charging metamidion out of arc. I can't see that being very OP, but I can definitely see some builds making use of it. Would definitely make some ships like Spire or Galleon more viable on CK or CP maps, by being able to support at long range by bombarding teams camping points.

TLDR - artillery weapon with fragmentation effect when it reaches arming range, minor impact damage otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:23:31 am by TeddyBearMafia »

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 09:49:18 am »
I just want a heavy Gatling.

Like the regular Gatling, but big.
Not sure if that would be practical. Although a anti-air gun could probably fill the same niche.

Huh. so gasoline flamer? So you mean like greek fire spewing green flame everywhere lighting water on fire? Oh wait, I think that's supposed to be nApALm.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 10:23:24 am »
Time to dig out a weapon concept I've posted a while back. Basically a boomerang weapon. I originally thought of it as a impact-heavy weapon, but I could see it as a long range flechette light weapon as well. Anyway, I'd like to see a new gun some time soon as well - preferably something that's interesting to shoot.
Oriza weapon concept

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 12:57:26 pm »
I've always pictured the next heavy gun to be a large tesla coil. That delt piercing and lit components on fire, but would be extreemly short ranged.

Athough, if the next heavy weapon was peircing, I'd rather see an old-school large cannon. like the guns that appear at 0:46 . I would do pierce primarily (secondary maybe shatter?)  but would have a delay from when the gunner pulled the trigger to when the gun actually fired. (Like lighting a fuse to fire the cannon). So, between the firing delay, the low ammo count per clip (maybe three shots, one per barrel), and the tendency for the shots to scatter (with perhaps some arc), it would be a medium-short range weapon that would require a decent amount of coordination.

Also, can you blame me for wanting old-school galleon broadsides? 

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 04:12:44 pm »
Although not very practical, it'd be quite amusing to see disc launchers (launched in vertical orientation). After all, who doesn't like hitting things with discs? :P