Author Topic: Increase lobby match timer when crew joins  (Read 17866 times)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
Re: Increase lobby match timer when crew joins
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 07:28:24 pm »
hrrgh you guys should really get in on the testing for matchmaking.  I love your idea, but things are very different in matchmaking.

that's all I'm gonna say...that and I'm surprised there's as few spectator slots as there are.

Offline Yarr Vinny Scarr

• Salutes: 7
    • [♛]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 07:16:06 am »
I'd also like the idea about the timer, support! :)

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 05:41:33 pm »
hrrgh you guys should really get in on the testing for matchmaking.

Every time someone says that I have to keep reminding them that they don't have nearly enough keys =(

I check that thread every once in a while and the keys are all used up.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 05:44:11 pm »
The only reason keys are limited on there is so that someone doesn't try and grab all of them and sell them or something. Just email keyvias to get some more.

Offline pandatopia

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 07:08:23 am »
The only reason keys are limited on there is so that someone doesn't try and grab all of them and sell them or something. Just email keyvias to get some more.

Oh wow that's awesome, thanks! I'd love to test the dev app.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 06:25:49 pm »
Sent it to the Devs and got it confirmed that the new (lobby) system will have some fixes for late joiners so the timer doesn't hurt them.
Although it may not be the excact solution, I guess the problem has been thought through and it may be fixed in the next patch (which should be some time before 2015).

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »
Sent it to the Devs and got it confirmed that the new (lobby) system will have some fixes for late joiners so the timer doesn't hurt them.
Although it may not be the excact solution, I guess the problem has been thought through and it may be fixed in the next patch (which should be some time before 2015).

so the patch along with matchmaking?  I know the timer is going to change with matchmaking, but I hadn't heard anything about how the timer works for late joiners.
they've been suggesting an early october release for matchmaking if things stay on target.  that's why I'm a little confused by the vague "before 2015".

Offline Milevan Faent

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 07:08:58 pm »

so the patch along with matchmaking?  I know the timer is going to change with matchmaking, but I hadn't heard anything about how the timer works for late joiners.
they've been suggesting an early october release for matchmaking if things stay on target.  that's why I'm a little confused by the vague "before 2015".

I think that was because Mr Disaster didn't know that little tidbit XD

But yeah, the match timer increases when people join late. In the last test where I saw this happen, it reset to 60 seconds, but I think it's different now. Not sure. Generally though, unless people are leaving the room all the time, it should be full by the 120 second mark or sooner, so this won't even be an issue.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »
Basically on Fireside Chat I asked Devs that since they are mostly focused on Co-Op and Adventure Mode are there going some Skirmnish Mode dedicated update before 2015 and they said yes. But yeah, it may be implemented with the matchmaking, hopefully ;)

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 07:42:46 pm »
But yeah, the match timer increases when people join late. In the last test where I saw this happen, it reset to 60 seconds, but I think it's different now. Not sure. Generally though, unless people are leaving the room all the time, it should be full by the 120 second mark or sooner, so this won't even be an issue.

now we are talking about anyone entering late, right?  we tested a match with a new captain in particular, and it reset the timer.  we didn't test a new non-captain crew member in the match I was in.
I don't know if you were testing in the same match I was in lol

Offline Milevan Faent

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42:59 pm »

now we are talking about anyone entering late, right?  we tested a match with a new captain in particular, and it reset the timer.  we didn't test a new non-captain crew member in the match I was in.
I don't know if you were testing in the same match I was in lol

This wasn't a specific test, this was just my experience as one of the many testers, just going through and seeing what worked, and what didn't.