Author Topic: Spectate through crewman's eyes  (Read 4705 times)

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
Spectate through crewman's eyes
« on: March 27, 2013, 04:14:31 am »
I've been wanting to stream Guns of Icarus, but some of the most streamable stuff, the crew banter, is just hard to stream when you're a part of that crew.  You have no time to interact with and entertain your audience when you're trying to lead your own crew.  The game's got wonderful spectator support, but the matches are eerily quiet and calm.

What's wrong is that you aren't able to spectate on deck and listen to the crazy shouting and innuendos, or listen in on the captain-to-captain strategizing.  The utter chaos of the chatter is entertaining itself, so it's a missed opportunity to be unable to stream the personalties playing.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Spectate through crewman's eyes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 05:40:09 am »
You know I've actually kind of wanted that myself. It would be interesting to see a lot of the hectic carnage of a fierce battle from say, a gunner, or an engineer's perspective. Hell, even seeing what pressure the captains under would be eye-opening.

It'd be good to be able to switch from viewing the ships to tracking the player, might really give you some proper perspective and context of whats going on. I don't know about being able to eavesdrop on chatter, though, but I really do like the idea of the player's point of view.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »
The chatter's some of the most entertaining stuff and it's not like people are cybering on those ships.  It's hard to get an idea of just how batshit insane things get without hearing the frantic yelling.

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:02:23 pm »
From someone who has startred looking into recording and commentating this would add quite an interesting element. It does however open up new options for ghosting.