Author Topic: Should Competitive Matches move toward Capture Point?  (Read 23124 times)

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Should Competitive Matches move toward Capture Point?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 10:19:14 pm »
I used to cast several matches like this every weekend when sniping was at the peak of its popularity, including a SIRS vs Gents bo3 that went nearly three hours. Sometimes it got kinda boring, but I never once blamed any of the teams for using the builds and styles that they thought were best. I wouldn't expect them to do anything else. Actually, it was often an opportunity for some fun banter with my co-casters during the lulls in the action.

It seems bizarre to kick up a fuss over one rather anomalous sniping match in a league with hard 30 minute time limits that's otherwise chock full of brawling. I agree there should be more CP in competitive for the sake of variety, and that's a big reason why I wanted to be involved in the organizing the Aerodrome (and it should be noted that Gilder put a huge amount of time and effort into organizing it).

I don't think either us or the SIRs went into the match intending to make it a 0-0 draw. That's just how it turned out. In the end, for a variety of reasons, neither of us could get the engage we wanted. It happens sometimes. GOIO is a wonderfully unique beast where a wide variety of styles can be used and experimented with and that is what I love about it, even if it means there are long, drawn out matches now and again.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Should Competitive Matches move toward Capture Point?
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 08:14:42 am »
Here is my answer:
Unsure of whether to post here or there. I'll post here because reasons.

Very cool. Sort of an SCS level event for capture point. While I don't think capture point and death match can easily reside within the same event for reasons other people have touched on, a new shorter running CP only event is a good move. :)