Author Topic: Quack Quack, it's Duck Time  (Read 507123 times)

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Quack Quack, it's Duck Time
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2013, 04:48:51 pm »
Orderly? We've never tried to be orderly before.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2013, 08:40:29 pm »
I think this is more our speed:
http://i.imgur.com/VU57S74.jpg

Weird I tried to embed an image and nothing showed up.

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:09 pm »
Orderly? We've never tried to be orderly before.

Organised Chaos is still chaos! ;)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2013, 10:23:39 pm »
I still remember that fateful day, the Fjords tournament. I remember seeing that we were up against the Paddling in the bronze match, thinking that we had it in the bag. After all, we were SMAC. We beat KG 5-0. We only lost by two kills against Zill's team.

With our 5-0 loss, I learned to never, ever underestimate a Duck.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2013, 11:51:44 pm »
Saluted you for that good Sir.

Regarding the Fjords, and even before that, SMAC always brought the fight, it was a good match. We truly felt like underdogs back then. Pretty much every other clan except us was an established and known clan and we were thought of (looking at you, Qwerty) as not much more than a bunch of gimmicky weirdos who were about to be on the receiving end of a sound thrashing. Which, to be fair, is kinda true. We're pretty weird.

Nowadays though it's an absolute boon to have some of the best aspects of SMAC now residing within the halls of House Duck. The main thing we want is to just play with good sports who enjoy the game as much as we do. I think we're doing pretty well in that regard.

Quack.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2013, 11:56:23 pm »
In honour of my old clan, maybe I should start using the spelling "QUAC QUAC".

You guys really were underdogs. When I was looking at the team list before Fjords, I basically thought

Zill's team? Insanely good.
Our team? Insanely good.
The Gentlemen? Downright ridiculous.
The Ducks? Not bad.

You surprised us all. And no, we didn't bring a good fight against you. It was 5-0 XD

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2013, 12:11:49 am »
Saluted you for that good Sir.

Regarding the Fjords, and even before that, SMAC always brought the fight, it was a good match. We truly felt like underdogs back then. Pretty much every other clan except us was an established and known clan and we were thought of (looking at you, Qwerty) as not much more than a bunch of gimmicky weirdos who were about to be on the receiving end of a sound thrashing. Which, to be fair, is kinda true. We're pretty weird.

Nowadays though it's an absolute boon to have some of the best aspects of SMAC now residing within the halls of House Duck. The main thing we want is to just play with good sports who enjoy the game as much as we do. I think we're doing pretty well in that regard.

Quack.

Quack.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2013, 06:24:38 pm »
Hens and Drakes, Ducklings and Mallards, today is a special occasion! The Paddling has defended its position in the cogs for the third time, a complete revolution of the cogs. But that's a small achievement compared to what's been put in motion.

Today was the first of the Hungry Ducks Games, a weekly event pitting two Duck teams against each other. We may possibly expand it to allow challengers from Duck friendly groups.

The Raft has massively reformatted, and is leaner and tougher than it ever was, 'military efficiency', is the correct phrase. The Brood is preparing to enter the Cogs in one week, and is poised to flap and paddle its way up the ladder. And the Dover is now fully formed and registered, in two weeks the nature of the competitive game will change, when the Cogs becomes home to our version of mad scientists.

Over and over we prove to the community that we are the most friendly, welcoming, innovative, and destructive group in the game, our legacy is concrete, and we're at the front of everyone's minds, because we're the goddamn Ducks.

Our greatest accomplishment is defeating our oldest enemy, the Cult of Personality. Most groups exist as solar bodies, where the crew orbit captains of immense notoriety and fame within the game's tiny community. We've managed to become the most affecting group in the game without creating celebrities. We aren't a small number of rockstars with groupies following us around. We're just the Ducks, just the goddamn Ducks, and everyone knows the Quack.

Today is the pinnacle height of the Canard Renaissance, the Duck Golden Age. Years from now, when you're rafting in your pond, paddling to a lily pad, watching over the brood that stay close to your dover, you can look back and remember the day the game changed and the world was deafened by our quacking.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »
Quack quack. Who managed to play for the Raft today?

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2013, 06:41:21 pm »
Hens and Drakes, Ducklings and Mallards, today is a special occasion! The Paddling has defended its position in the cogs for the third time, a complete revolution of the cogs. But that's a small achievement compared to what's been put in motion.

Today was the first of the Hungry Ducks Games, a weekly event pitting two Duck teams against each other. We may possibly expand it to allow challengers from Duck friendly groups.

The Raft has massively reformatted, and is leaner and tougher than it ever was, 'military efficiency', is the correct phrase. The Brood is preparing to enter the Cogs in one week, and is poised to flap and paddle its way up the ladder. And the Dover is now fully formed and registered, in two weeks the nature of the competitive game will change, when the Cogs becomes home to our version of mad scientists.

Over and over we prove to the community that we are the most friendly, welcoming, innovative, and destructive group in the game, our legacy is concrete, and we're at the front of everyone's minds, because we're the goddamn Ducks.

Our greatest accomplishment is defeating our oldest enemy, the Cult of Personality. Most groups exist as solar bodies, where the crew orbit captains of immense notoriety and fame within the game's tiny community. We've managed to become the most affecting group in the game without creating celebrities. We aren't a small number of rockstars with groupies following us around. We're just the Ducks, just the goddamn Ducks, and everyone knows the Quack.

Today is the pinnacle height of the Canard Renaissance, the Duck Golden Age. Years from now, when you're rafting in your pond, paddling to a lily pad, watching over the brood that stay close to your dover, you can look back and remember the day the game changed and the world was deafened by our quacking.

<snip>

Quack Quack to that, it was one hell of a match haha! Was a ball of nerves the whole time, The Gents put up one hell of a fight, and it felt so close the whole time :D

Offline Charon

• [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:39 pm »
Quack quack. Who managed to play for the Raft today?

After the Hungry Duck Games, Raft 1/2 formed up and conducted training.
Raft 1/2 consists of:

Machiavelliest, Air Force Pilot on the Helm
Shukketsushi, Martial Artist and Pretty Lady as Main Engineer
Nascosto, Air Force Intel as Deck Engineer
and Charon, USMC Infantry as Gunner

Quacking until our throats are sore.

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2013, 05:33:01 am »
oh? so is valkor takeing a break now or something?

Offline Charon

• [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2013, 05:33:50 am »
oh? so is valkor takeing a break now or something?

Not to spread his business around or anything, but the guy's fighting a lot of health issues.

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:18 am »
yeah he did mention that to me the other week, hope hes doing allright

Offline Charon

• [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2013, 05:50:39 am »
I talked with him today, seems like he might be getting better. He definitely sounds a little better than before.