Author Topic: New Weapon: Howling Wolf Shotgun  (Read 3114 times)

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
New Weapon: Howling Wolf Shotgun
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:50:59 am »
This one isnt particularly creative on my part. Mechanically it would work pretty much like the Barking Dog light carronade but would do explosive damage instead of flechette. This would make it work like a more damaging but close range Artemis. The main reason I think a gun like this could be added to the game is to add a bit more variety to close up brawler builds that most go for chain gun mortor combo. This gun would take from its kill potential to give it more disable power, so the mortor could kill faster and more effectively than this gun would be able to, but this gun would be easier to hit with due to its projectiles and could break components to help secure the kill.

Plus i think this would be a good addition because i feel the mortor can only be paired with a chain gun to be effective since its only for killing. Because of this weapons shatter it could be paired with other short range weapons to allow different builds.
EX. a Holwing Wolf shotgun and a flamer, the shotgun is first used to disable components like guns while the flamer just burns everything and when the hull armour goes down the shotgun grabs the kill because of its damage.

The place i imagine this gun taking would be halfway between an Artemis and a mortor as a weapon that can disbale and kill up close.

Offline RistoH

• Salutes: 4
    • [─┼──]
    • View Profile
Re: New Weapon: Howling Wolf Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »
So a gun with 1/2 disabbling power and 1/2 killing power, tgat would be quite OP so i would imagine it be nerfed a bit but not too much. Really good idea.