Author Topic: 1.3.6 Hotfix Flamethrower  (Read 134021 times)

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.6 Hotfix Flamethrower
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2014, 06:20:54 pm »
And Chem negates flamers. Tbh i dont see the reason. Yes a flamer is annoying and it feels like you just died a horrible death when a flamer managed to catch you offguard once. But id rather have a flamer catch me offguard than a carronade.

Mortar timing ok ...
But then lets use a different thing. Mines. How hard is it to shot a mine compared to fighting against it? Id say its easier shot than fought.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2014, 06:36:29 pm »
And Chem negates flamers. Tbh i dont see the reason. Yes a flamer is annoying and it feels like you just died a horrible death when a flamer managed to catch you offguard once. But id rather have a flamer catch me offguard than a carronade.
Well right, but my point is that keeping all your vital components chemmed, knowing the optimal routes through all the various ships to do so with correct timing is certainly something that requires a lot higher of a game knowledge/player skill.

Mortar timing ok ...
But then lets use a different thing. Mines. How hard is it to shot a mine compared to fighting against it? Id say its easier shot than fought.
It's easy to shoot mines. It's harder to shoot mines in a manner where the ship you're firing at is going to be hit, you have to gauge distances, know what ammo types to use, where to throw a mine which will surely get run into... You don't see a whole lot of newbie ships with mines able to do what more veteran players can accomplish with them.

Honestly I don't have a problem with flamers all that much, but that's because I know what I can do with chem spray. On several occasions I have joined games where the other team has just been romping around with flames, and then we end up winning easily but we basically take no damage from a proper chem rotation... but it takes a while for newer folk to realize this and learn how to optimize it. Much longer, and much more skill than it takes for someone to learn how to use a flamethrower, and while I generally don't have any gripes about flamethrowers, if I had to, that would be the only one.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2014, 07:30:21 pm »
I still think the range should be reduced.