Author Topic: Steam Guides.  (Read 10725 times)

Offline ATeddyBear

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 12
    • [HRD]
    • View Profile
Steam Guides.
« on: April 19, 2013, 11:04:18 am »
Hey Guys,

I was just recently cruising around our Steam forums and noticed someone posted a question about captains items. They were asking why doesn't the Drogue Chute help with rising like Hydrogen does. They found this information in one of the Steam guides on the GoIO Steam community page. I ended up finding the guide which contained incorrect and dated information.

There are a total of 5 Steam guides with 3 of them being from the same guy who gave the bad information. There is a big lack of good information on the Steam guides page. So now I am putting the call out to anyone who has a guide to transfer it to the Steam page. Skwissgaar has a great example of Steam Guide already up there and I am looking to the community to do the same. This could be a big help to the flood of new players we are getting from Indie Game Stand sale.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Steam Guides.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:10:31 pm »
Don't really feel like reposting in the steam page, but you have my permission to repost any guide I write any where you desire.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 02:15:05 pm »
I'll see what I can do.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 01:37:11 am »
I'm often leery of the steam forums, they ca often de-evolve into rabble rousing muck flinging torrents of e-peen rage.
I go about once a week and check out new ones, but my eyes go foggy and glass over after several posts asking the same question.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 10:59:09 pm »
I'll probably hold off until the next patch so I don't have to rewrite everything.

Offline Sonar

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 03:55:21 pm »
Steam guides aren't forum threads.  You vote them up and down based on usefulness.  Any guides posted there will get more eyes on them than anything you post here.  If you want to make players better overall then don't discount the Steam guides.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 04:04:17 pm »
Steam guides aren't forum threads.  You vote them up and down based on usefulness.  Any guides posted there will get more eyes on them than anything you post here.  If you want to make players better overall then don't discount the Steam guides.

This man speaks the truth.  I find it a bit odd how some of the community prioritizes projects, there's weekly training sessions (lots of effort to reach relatively few people) but no good Steam guides (little effort to reach anyone that ever hits shift-tab).  I'll have one up once I get my hands on the new patch.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 04:42:13 am »
Writing a guide on ramming after seeing this other post asking why there weren't any guides on ramming.
I can't find it though...