Author Topic: Control the lobbies  (Read 30143 times)

Offline Nietzsche's Mustache

• Salutes: 27
    • [IISC]
    • View Profile
Re: Control the lobbies
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 06:01:22 pm »
I agree with a lot of what's been said above me. Basically, with a game so team-oriented as this one, you have to start thinking that "the needs of the many is outweigh the needs of the few." (I'm thinking of Bentham and John Stuart Mill here, not Spock) Although I am very much an individualist for the real world and like for people to be able to play it their own way, it's ultimately down to what's need for a given situation. I invite everyone to discuss with me what they want to bring for a given situation if they think something will work better than what I've requested (as of late I've found myself in many long, drawn-out discussions regarding ammos for the lumberjack), but if there outright just isn't any communication, then the game is less fun and lobbies get bogged down.

One of the things I have to emphasize about the system I mention above is the notion of giving specific charges to go along with the kick. These are things that have to be established WITH the vote kick and you'll have to have something pop-up on the concerned player's screen as soon as the vote is called letting them know that he's currently being voted-on. Because this game is internationalized, those messages will show up in different languages so no matter what language he or she speaks, he or she will understand that there are 14 people who don't want to play with him because he's not responding. Add a 45 second timer that starts with that second captain's approval for vote-kicking or with the first vote following an impeachment call as well as the ability for anyone to change their vote at any time. This way, a player who's just chillin out with no sound and not paying too much attention to chat can go "wait, hold on guys! I'm here! Tell me what to do!" and then we're back on track again.

I like the idea of an auto-translating captains-orders feature, but I'm afraid the user-interface is already way too cluttered. I've already un-bound the V commands because I hit V instead of C accidentally and it screws up my flying.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:30:36 pm by Nietzsche's Mustache »

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2014, 06:56:55 pm »

I really support making the CA button easier to find.... especially as I don't even know where it is now.

....there's a CA button?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 07:51:04 pm »
....there's a CA button?
^This^

I also agree with Nietzsche's Moustache

I like the idea of an auto-translating captains-orders feature, but I'm afraid the user-interface is already way too cluttered. I've already un-bound the V commands because I hit V instead of C accidentally and it screws up my flying.

How about the option to create your own macros using F1-F5 (or more, but I think no one will be using more) for the V-commands? I mean, let me go to options and select that for example (assume that I'm flying pyramidion):
F1 = REPAIR THE HULL
F2 = REPAIR THE BALOON
F3 = REPAIR THE ENGINES
F4 = MAN THE FORE GUNS
F5 = MAN THE PORT GUNS
Then I can get just at least some of the most important commends quick.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 06:07:21 pm »
I've bound the voice commands (which I use extensively) to left Alt so that I can hit them with my thumb. ^^

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 07:27:44 pm »
I've bound the voice commands (which I use extensively) to left Alt so that I can hit them with my thumb. ^^

Geo I'm pretty sure the complaint is that you use them -too- extensively.