Author Topic: Friends/Clan: "Join Match" option or redirect "Join Crew" if in a match  (Read 4300 times)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
I love that there's an option for your friends to join their crew if they're in a match or a lobby for a match already.  Sometimes though, if they're already running a match, I either want to join them (if they happen to have a free spot) and have no clue what else they have in their crew, or I just want to check the lobby and spectate or get in the match after.  At these points, if I click to Join Crew, and they happen to have a slot open, I'll find myself in the match - stuck with the loadout I had set and not knowing what I'm getting myself into.

Overall I just want to be able to see the lobby of a friend's match before joining the match if it's in progress.  So I propose a couple of options: Either "Join Crew" will redirect to the lobby if the match is in progress, where you can see if there's an open slot and equip accordingly based on what the rest of the crew has before actually joining, or add a new "Join Match" option to do what I just suggested Join Crew would do, and keep the Join Crew the way it was.

thoughts?

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
This sounds like a bug.  When I join an in-progress lobby, it takes me to the lobby first so I can view the ships, loadouts, and players currently on the ship so I can adjust my loadout accordingly.

WHICH IS WHY THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SECOND PILOTS JOINING MID-MATCH AND CLAIMING IN-PROGRESS AS A REASON :P

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Well it happens to me too. Anyway, I fully agree with shaelyn