Author Topic: English to Spanish translation in-game  (Read 5233 times)

Offline G.Ubu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel |SPANISH|
English to Spanish translation in-game
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:39:01 pm »
Hello! My name is Matias, i'm Community Ambassador of Spanish Community of Guns of Icarus. My suggestion is translate the entire game into Spanish. I know this is a lot of work and the Develop Team is very busy, so i think that i can help to translate the game, if you can give us the "Tool" we can use it and help to improve the game.

I know that this will be really useful for the entire Spanish/Latin-American Community and will encourage people to buy the game.

Greetings from Spanish Community, Matias.

In-Game: "G.Ubu"
Contact me: "mrubm@outlook.com"
Steam: ubu14

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: English to Spanish translation in-game
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 10:06:21 pm »
this is a great suggestion.

as long as there is some sort of review process to make sure translations are accurate.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:17 am »
It is. But it's also problematic, because we need to make sure what can and what cannot be translated. When everything is in english, there's no problem, but when in game someone will want to you take "Tintenfische" you have a problem. I think that some names shoudn't be translated (or should have an english name somewhere, with smaller letter perhaps) to make sure everyone can still communicate.

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 07:39:15 am »
My concern here is, is the Spanish community large enough to operate on its own? If yes, great idea! If no, wouldn't this hinder communication? If I bought a game with my original language in it, then I would only know it in that language. Or even only know that, forcing everyone else to adapt to that language:-S

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 11:33:06 am »
There are already several tools to automate translation, like transifex or crowdin. Muse just needs to put the original strings on one of those, I'm sure the community will happily do the work for them.