Author Topic: "The Cogs" Ruleset  (Read 49599 times)

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
Re: "The Cogs" Ruleset
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »
Say if team Red, is just slightly better than team Blue, and would win in a 2v2 encounter, but team blue had disabled team red and brought the perma health down, Blue could suicide while Red is respawning and bring themselves back to full, then team Red would win the 2v2 encounter AGAIN, and repeat, it give team Blue (the slightly not as good) team left with no progress on defeating Red. It's like a tool that could repair all of the perma, OP it would be nerfed!

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 04:30:27 pm »
Therein lies the problem. I'm not convinced yet. The arguments I've heard against denial all go back to the same point. That "It's an exploit" or that "It's unsportsmanlike".

I'm 100% in agreement with Swallow here. Regardless of sportsmanship, it should be allowed if it's a feature working as designed. But also, if it in fact is an exploit, it should obviously be banned. I don't think this conversation can progress at all until someone from Muse tells us if it's a feature working as intended, or an exploitable bug.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2013, 04:50:34 pm »
We probably would have said something by now if Eric wasn't on vacation and all the programmers weren't frantically fixing stuff. Don't worry, we aren't ignoring this -- we'll discuss and get back to you.

Offline knoxi

• Salutes: 4
    • [DvG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2013, 07:13:54 pm »
I am very convinced it is an exploit

Therein lies the problem. I'm not convinced yet. The arguments I've heard against denial all go back to the same point. That "It's an exploit" or that "It's unsportsmanlike".

I'd say that flying around someone while spouting flame and harpoons into their airship is fairly unsportsmanlike, and as for it being an exploit, I addressed that above.

No. Im pretty sure I posted a wikipedia link validated by industry professionals regarding free suicide being removed from deathmatch rule sets 20 years ago.

You then posted free suicide and denial was still allowed in games. When this is infact not true, you cannot suicide un punished in a deathmatch, you lose a kill or gain a death. Neither can you self deny in a MOBA without losing gold, gaining a death and losing any stacks or buffs.

You claim to be keeping an open mind, but have continually ignored information and gone so far as to make incorrect statements to validate your position on this matter.

I hope you can understand that this is very frustrating. As this issue is in reality very simple on every conceivable level when all correct information is considered in its entirety.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2013, 10:38:15 pm »
Dead horse is dead.  Swallow does run the whole thing, and I think it's fair to allow him to set the rules to his own competition.  Knoxi, you make good points, but this is starting to get a little personal, I think.