Author Topic: Guns and damage behavior  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Guns and damage behavior
« on: June 19, 2014, 07:09:23 pm »
I was lately wondering about the following scenario - say you shoot a bullet, from a buffed gun, bullet is traveling mid-air the gun ran out of buff - bullet hits the target with no buff on gun. Does it actually count as a "buffed" shot?

Same logic in shooting a bullet with charged, reloading to greased, and then bullet hits target, is that greased damage, or charged?

Finally, both the above, but with mines.

In addition, on a side note, when you have charged, buffed gun, does the buff multiply the damage added from charged, or just adds up on top of it? i.e. -

BaseDamage + ChargedExtraDamage + BuffExtraDamage  or  ( BaseDamage + ChargedExtraDamage ) * BuffMultiplier  = TotalDamage

Thanks in advance.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns and damage behavior
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 08:11:14 pm »
I haven't tested buff, but the ammo type stays after the gun is reloaded.

As for damage, iirc it's the first formula.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:44:19 am »
If I'm remembering the system I looked at, I believe the damages stack like BaseDamage * ChargedExtraDamageMultiplier * BuffExtraDamageMultiplier. I think, but cannot currently confirm till Monday, that the damage info gets passed to the projectiles when they are fired, and do not reference the gun state after that, meaning that a projectile shouldn't get damage changed if buff runs out or ammo changes.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 09:09:14 am »
Test on mines. With Lochnagar on one mine, and maybe charged on the other. Then just crash into each individualy without disturbing the other. The bullets stay as the stats of the shot.
Should be the same for other weapons. But maybe im mistaken.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »
It actually is additive. BaseDamage * (ChargedExtraDamageMultiplier + BuffExtraDamageMultiplier)