Author Topic: I am Elite  (Read 18131 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
I am Elite
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:59:17 am »
Did the title draw you in? Hey guys, Spud Nick here. No I am not Elite but like many players at my level I know what needs to be done on a ship in order to win the match. When I see a level 1 gunner on my ship that has only played 10 matches I get a little nervous. I say to my self "Maybe I should just fly a metamidion instead of the Hwacha Fish. I don't know if I can count on this guy to disable guns for me. But I really want to fly a Hwacha Fish!" So I tell him what ammo to take and when to use them. The match starts and he fires a heavy clip hwacha at the sniper spire that disables EVERY GUN! OH MY GOD! short burst of the gat  to strip armor and I turn back for the hwacha. PEW PEW PEW. I can see that he is using burst ammo! I am so proud!. Every kill that match was test book! He disabled all the guns with heavy clip and finished them off with burst after the gat striped the armor. It was amazing! Thank you withmuffins for showing me that level does not matter.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: I am Elite
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:10:51 pm »
I beg to differ Spud, you are Elite. You are so damn elite that your voice can transform the greenest of players into professionals. You make war machines from junkyard scrap. When your ship lifts off, death cancels his vacation plans.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:52:57 pm »
I beg to differ
Spud, you are Elite,
You are so damn elite
that your voice can transform
even the greenest of players
into hardened professionals.
You make war machines from junkyard scrap.
When your ship lifts off,
death cancels his vacation plans.
-HamsterIV

A poem, from HamsterIV, with slight editing from myself.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:13 pm »
I beg to differ Spud, you are Elite. You are so damn elite that your voice can transform the greenest of players into professionals. You make war machines from junkyard scrap. When your ship lifts off, death cancels his vacation plans.

I believe you have me confused with the mighty Zuka good sir.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:18:38 pm »
Zuka's voice does different things to green players, dirty dirty things. Your reputation is more of an innovator and a madman at least in my eyes.

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 05:59:28 pm »
All times I flied with Spud Nick - he was silent XD

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 06:18:01 pm »
Spud's voice gives me hugs.

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 05:07:31 pm »
If only 10 games was enough to teach everybody the differences and applications of ammo types.

I seem to be the ones to get level 6s with less competency than that.

It's very sad.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 07:24:43 pm »
I wish I could remember the guys, not in a clan yet, but obv a group of friends.  I jumped on their Mobula as an engineer mid match.  They had guys all over the place.  A gunner and engi working on the ballon (repairing, not rebuilding), running to different sides in pairs to get different guns.  I simply told them how I run my Mobula.  They told me they were experimenting and said that what I said sounded like a good idea. For those of you who don't know, I run the gunner/gungineer up top and the two other engineers get a side, balloon or hull.  30 seconds later, we were a well oiled machine.

Pretty sure we lost that match of Anglean Raiders, cuz why would you run a Mobie on that map, but still, my faith was temporarily restored in the "noobs" of this game.

I'm RomanKar, and I am Elite,
at yelling at people.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 07:31:58 pm »
I'm not 1337, I just have a gargantuan block list :D.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 11:02:17 am »
I'm not 1337, I just have a gargantuan block list :D.

Hilarious.  And right there with you.

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 03:15:10 pm »
I am Tanya, and I play every game like it is a competitive final. I try hard in my roles and support others in theirs.

I am the person who did not made enough for victory. If you support this ideology, we can work together, if not...

"Welcome to guns of icarus! I noticed you're new here!"

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 08:20:16 pm »
Hi...

I'm definitely not elite, I'm still relatively new (3s all around :) ), but I'm apparently one of the "good" noobs who helps reassure people that we aren't all bad.

I'm not the best, by any stretch of the imagination, but I've had my share of wins, and my times contributing to the match in a very positive manner. I tend to be quite talkative as a Gunner, and very quiet as Engineer, with my Piloting/Captaining falling somewhere in between the two.

I've crewed on a Hwacha fish with a Captain who opened with "Oh no, a noob gunner" and I replied, "I'm a little more experienced with other roles, but I'm trying to learn them all". The Captain said "Well, at least on this ship, your Heatsink Clip is a wasted slot, can you bring Greased Rounds instead?" so I did. Turned out the Heatsink Clip would have been great, becauase our level 9 and 7 Engineers only brought one Extinguisher and no Chemspray between them, so keeping the guns alive against a Flamer Squid would have been more helpful than the occasional increase in burst DPS when they were close enough for Gats but still out of Flamer range. Put some good hurt on targets with the Hwacha though - particularly nice that our partner seemed to be running an all-Gatling Junker (no idea why), so following that with Heavy Clip Hwacha volleys at range or Burst at close range worked out VERY nicely.

Offline Zuka'Esrai

• Salutes: 9
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 04:16:43 am »
Zuka's voice does different things to green players, dirty dirty things. Your reputation is more of an innovator and a madman at least in my eyes.

Oh, come now Hamster, let's not deny what your voice does to me. I dare not post it here, for this entire board would become NSFW. Let alone Spud, that man has a voice fit for a sauce salesman! I leave the training to him, as the newbies can't handle the sauce. The poor things...the lucky ones succumb to madness. I'm not elite, I'm Zuka!

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 09:42:42 am »
Heh heh. I wonder what happens wit Spud when he's drunk.  ;)

Anyways about people with low levels or low match count. I try to be polite and courteous, I really do. But if it's a whiny pre-teen my mood sours pretty quickly. Yelling "ready up" for 5 minutes straight while everyone's trying to get their ship together really kills my good intentions. Trolls are a special case, they're all irritating in different ways. Heck even the jerk that brings nothing but lochnar and extinguish, chem, buff hammer because he has no idea what he's doing and refuses to change his loadout or listen.

Still, if I find that rare low level player who's willing to listen and actively tries to learn then I think I can stop playing for the day and leave happy. In fact, I really should get around to inviting a number of people to practice since they surprised me so with their skill which did not match their level.