Author Topic: Clan Emblems on balloon and possibly hull  (Read 10336 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Clan Emblems on balloon and possibly hull
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:26:20 am »
With the current tournaments I thought of making ships stand out more for the clan they represent. My idea is to make it able to have the Clan emblem on the ship rather then the stock stickers muse provides us.
Having the clan emblem on your ship would be a nice feature which makes tournament games look more proffesional in a visual way.
Improving the visual side of tournaments on stream will increase the interest of viewers. This increase in interest will result into a raise of popularity in Guns of Icarus online. This will then result into more players and potentially new teams and groups of people.
If you want to make the tournament side of GoIo MLG and proffesional, then make it look good too.

Offline Twomd

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Clan Emblems on balloon and possibly hull
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »
A really cool aspect of this game (muse has affirmed this btw) is looking at ships far away and attempting to identify them. I don't mean to sounds insulting but it would seem counterintuitive to the notion that ships are supposed to look similar, if one of the ships donned a gargantuan smiley face on its hull. While this may look cool, and would be interesting for tourneys, the classic hard to see flag color is atmospheric.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 11:01:28 pm »
As talked about on Fireside chat, people uploading their own emblems would result in so many penises.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 01:21:36 am »
As talked about on Fireside chat, people uploading their own emblems would result in so many penises.
Through resources I heard that this idea is already going to be implemented. But I would like to have the idea more woked on by muse rather then people due to penises.
Also there are community standards, why not clan emblem standards that would prevent penis emblems?
As leader of a clan having a penis as a clan emblem shows you are pretty immature or not taking your clan serious.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 01:29:17 am »
A really cool aspect of this game (muse has affirmed this btw) is looking at ships far away and attempting to identify them. I don't mean to sounds insulting but it would seem counterintuitive to the notion that ships are supposed to look similar, if one of the ships donned a gargantuan smiley face on its hull. While this may look cool, and would be interesting for tourneys, the classic hard to see flag color is atmospheric.
I think that muse can think of a solution to prevent oversized emblems that cover the full ship. To prevent this it would be a great idea to limit the emblems to a set size that cant be overiden by any means. This prevents the problem of having a "gargantuan smiley face" across your full ship. The idea of having it on the hull doesnt mean that it has to be on the outer hull. My idea is to have the emblem placed on linnen cloth that hang from the side of the ship and on the interior of the ship. The linnen cloth won't be large and of course be in the representive colors of the current clan.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 01:46:11 am »
I think that muse can think of a solution to prevent oversized emblems that cover the full ship. To prevent this it would be a great idea to limit the emblems to a set size that cant be overiden by any means. This prevents the problem of having a "gargantuan smiley face" across your full ship. The idea of having it on the hull doesnt mean that it has to be on the outer hull. My idea is to have the emblem placed on linnen cloth that hang from the side of the ship and on the interior of the ship. The linnen cloth won't be large and of course be in the representive colors of the current clan.
So i can't have a gargantuan smiley face across my full ship?

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 06:44:18 am »

Penises? Screw that. There are far more interesting body parts to use. Though in all seriousness, this is why online games can't have nice things.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:05:45 am »
As leader of a clan having a penis as a clan emblem shows you are pretty immature or not taking your clan serious.
... Hi, welcome to the internet, you must be new here ;)

Anyways, the only possible way to make user uploaded emblems a possibility would be if Muse had the staff available to go through and approve every one of them personally to curate that which does not belong, and I believe they just don't have the manpower to do that.

Edit: I should add here that I'm not opposed to your idea, I think it'd be awesome, just looking at it from a logistical perspective.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 03:46:46 am »

Anyways, the only possible way to make user uploaded emblems a possibility would be if Muse had the staff available to go through and approve every one of them personally to curate that which does not belong, and I believe they just don't have the manpower to do that.

Edit: I should add here that I'm not opposed to your idea, I think it'd be awesome, just looking at it from a logistical perspective.
I think giving people the option to report immature clan emblems will help out muse alot. If there are some rules bound to clan emblems you will also be able to add a flagging option to report clan emblems that do not require these standards.

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 05:19:22 am »

is this ok muse ?

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:20 am »

I volunteer to go through every upload and deny the peni. Muse could also place a restriction to 1 upload every 3 hours etc...

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 12:06:29 pm »

is this ok muse ?

I'm impressed that she is holding up the entire mass of her upper body with one arm.