Author Topic: Squid Racing - Sign Up and Rules  (Read 16410 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Squid Racing - Sign Up and Rules
« on: June 12, 2014, 09:34:30 pm »

Event Occurs: July 6 at 4 PM EST (8 PM UTC)

What is Squid Racing?

A Squid Race is where instead of fighting to the death, captains and crew agree to instead choose a Squid as their ship, and have a semi-friendly race around a predetermined course on one of the maps.

Which is what we're going to do, but in a large scale event format; trying to get a good mix of violence with good old racing.

How it works

A Team will consist of four (4) players on a ship. This ship will be a squid and have a forward and right side mine launcher. The rear weapon will be a flare gun, which is only to be used to signal the start of the race.

Depending on the number of teams participating, refs, and streams available; teams will be assigned a group and compete in races on three randomly determined maps. Groups, maps, and courses will be shown Monday (June 30th). These will include a series of pictures and/or video walkthroughs to help teams learn the courses accurately.

Teams will be awarded points depending on their total time at the end of each race (eg: First is 9 points, Second is 6, etc). The teams in each group with the best score after a series of three races will move onto the Championship Race, and compete for total victory in another series of 3 races. (prizes tbd)

Each race will consist of a series of checkpoints that teams must pass through in order to complete the race. How they reach the checkpoints is up to them. Each race will begin with the ships gathering at a predetermined location and getting relatively lined up and stationary before ship #1 fires a flare. Once the flare deploys, the ships may begin racing. Rules will be enforced by referees to ensure fair play. Breaking a rule will result in a time penalty or possible restart of the race depending upon the severity. The race ends when every ship passes the finish line. At the end of the race, the red or blue side will surrender based upon the color of the ship who came in first (if Red comes in first, blue team will surrender and vice versa).

Courses and Laps will attempt to create a match that isn't too short or long to allow for a number of low commitment games to be played in a decent amount of time while still being entertaining.

Rules:
  • Teams will consist of a single ship of 4 players. Incomplete teams will not be allowed
  • Players may only race for one team for the duration of the event
  • The flare gun may -not- be fired unless directed by the Ref at the beginning of the race
  • No mines may be launched until passing the First checkpoint
  • No tar may be used until passing the second checkpoint
  • Each team may only create one tar cloud between check points (For example: You may create a tar cloud between checkpoints 3 and 4,  and then another between 4 and 5; but you cannot create two tar clouds or more between check points). You cannot 'save up' tar clouds.
  • No deliberate killing of ships. (eg: If you see a ship floundering against a canyon wall, do not ram into them at full speed to kill them. If you see a ship run into 4 mines and start sinking to the ground, do not fire a mine at them to finish them off)
  • If your ship is destroyed, your time will be paused and you must pass through the check point you last passed through to begin your timer again.
  • You must pass through the checkpoints in order as outlined by the course description (to be released)
  • Breaking a rule will result in a time penalty depending upon the severity (Guidelines and examples will be released the same Monday as everything else)
  • If the rule breaking is severe enough, the match may be reset and/or a ship could be disqualified (continually mining everyone at the starting line is an example)

TLDR: Squid Race (4 players per team), use the sign up format below. The groups, courses, and other information will be given on June 30th. If you're interested in Reffing, streaming/casting, or other please contact me. Feel free to discuss the event in this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Name:
Logo: Optional
Point of Contact: In game name or steam ID, or skype
Team Members: List at least four
Verify that you have read and fully understood the rules

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:46:02 pm by Thomas »

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Squid Racing - Sign Up and Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 05:23:50 am »
wow looks like fun i'll read the rules and talk to my team thanks for putting this together thomas and who eva else is involved

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »
Consider me signed up. will post needed information soon. Also thought this needed a bump.

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:47:28 pm »
Team Name: Overwatch
Logo: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=acpzjs&s=8
Point of Contact: Ightrril (on Steam and ingame)
Team Members: Puppy Fur, Alistair Silas, VomAct, HappyDoom, Ightrril
The rules have been read and fully understood.

Looking forward to participating! :D
(Slight possible issue, doesn't this happen at the same time as the SCS or is it offset a bit?)

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:54:11 pm »
GOOD LUCK! squid racing was always a blast when we were actually able to get people there!

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 11:17:19 pm »
Team Name: TRYHARDS
Logo:
Point of Contact:tropo In game name or steam ID (i have skpye but don't really use it thattropoguy)
Team Members: pilot castus, tropo, Badfoot, romankar
I Verify that i have read and fully understood the rules

Team Name: Undo It
Logo:
Point of Contact: Ariden (ariden43 - Skype, ninjariden - Steam)
Team Members: Ariden, TyberiusTheThird. Subs: SteamyNoodle, Bberry, Richard LeMoon, Jascal Wayde

aredan has read and fully understand the rules.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:21:45 am »
The Black Cloaks are going to fly a ship. We'll have a roster after elections.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 11:56:18 am »
Team Name: Clan Clan
Logo:
Point of Contact: Dutch Vanya (dutchvanya on steam)
Team Members: Dutch Vanya, Hummin, Sparklerfish, Ruairi, maybe others (crew is not 100% confirmed at the moment)
I have read and fully understood the rules o7
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:03:46 pm by Dutch Vanya »

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »
my eyes. left click custom fliters block this image on all sites lol

Offline Dutch Vanya

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 06:29:55 pm »
my eyes. left click custom fliters block this image on all sites lol
I thought it was perfect too.

Offline Celti

• Salutes: 12
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 06:47:18 pm »
Team Name: Holy Celestium Order
Logo:

(by AoiFox)

Point of Contact: Celti (on Steam)
Team Members: AoiFox, Celti, HaZ_MiDNighT, Paladin  Mensa, Eric Redmaw

Rules read and understood.

Offline RunningTree

• Salutes: 17
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 11:32:50 pm »
Team Name: Crimson Sky Menace
Logo:
(by Cadett http://kouprii.tumblr.com/)
Point of Contact: RunningTree (http://steamcommunity.com/id/runningtree/); Bladestrike and Lueosi are also CsM contacts in general.
Team Members: Bladestrike, Lueosi, RunHorst, RunningTree, JaJoka
I have read and fully understood the rules.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 05:35:42 pm »
Team Name: The Black Cloaks
Logo: (Maybe, give a few)
Point of Contact: Queso in game or http://steamcommunity.com/id/Queso2469
Team Members: Myself, Grey T, Hunter. and Grimick
I verify that I read the rules and hopefully I was literate enough to understand them.

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 01:30:57 am »
The Black Cloaks looks like a good bunch of people. good luck lads and ladies

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 11:59:50 am »
Everything is set to go, course information, divisions, clarified rules, etc can be found here:
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4428.0.html

Since there are only 7 teams, we do have room for one last minute sign up. If you're still interested, please let me know and your team can have the wildcard slot in the second division.