Author Topic: Repair tool: Steam Impact Wrench  (Read 7731 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Repair tool: Steam Impact Wrench
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:08:43 pm »
Steam impact wrench, AKA 'The Babysitter'.

Rebuild power: 3 (between the Mallet and Pipe Wrench)

Repair in HP per second: 32  (Mallet is 27.777)

Cooldown: 0.25 seconds

Usage: Constant use. Repairs in 8 HP bursts every 0.25 seconds. Superior repair power comes at the cost of having to 'babysit' a component, leaving the rest of the ship vulnerable.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Repair tool: Steam Impact Wrench
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 12:53:08 am »
That's a pretty cool idea. .25 though sounds like carpel tunnel worthy speed. Hopefully they fix the hold for repair glitch first.

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 01:21:41 am »
That's a pretty cool idea. .25 though sounds like carpel tunnel worthy speed. Hopefully they fix the hold for repair glitch first.

They don't really believe it exists. It was asked a few times during Fireside, but all I ever really got out of it was they weren't aware of any such bug each time. Perhaps if someone made videos that actually show proof of the issue, then it might get some attention.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 06:38:10 am »
I thought [Muse] Schwerbelastung had made a video about this, so they should be aware...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:01:39 am by GeoRmr »

Offline Mysterious Medic

• Salutes: 35
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:02:34 am »
A lot of people made videos including urz. In the most recent dev chat I'm pretty sure they acknowledged it as a bug.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:17:18 am »
last friday I asked about it during the dev hour and Key Key said it was a bug.

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 04:30:30 pm »
Guess I stand corrected. For the longest time, when I was asking, they weren't saying if it was a bug or not. I have missed the last several firesides, so I wasn't aware that changed.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 05:23:25 pm »
I kind of like that bug actually. If I were to be an engineer I wouldn't want to hold down 1 button constantly while running around the ship to repair everything at max speed and if furiously clicking leads to the same result then I would probably hold it down.
I honestly don't think holding down 1 button for the entire match makes the role of the engineer more fun.
The bug is kind of realistic too, if you think about it: The faster you swing your arm, the more hits per second you get.

Back to the original topic, I like the idea of this new tool, I am not sure if it doesn't need more repair power though. If you have 2 engineers and 1 of them has this tool, then you are going to lose 1-3 other vital components that you simply cannot repair, or can you? But that's a risk/reward balance issue.
Rebuilding isn't so great, so if your component dies you are kinda screwed, making a combination with a spanner would be somewhat obligatory.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »
I kind of like that bug actually. If I were to be an engineer I wouldn't want to hold down 1 button constantly while running around the ship to repair everything at max speed and if furiously clicking leads to the same result then I would probably hold it down.
I honestly don't think holding down 1 button for the entire match makes the role of the engineer more fun.
The bug is kind of realistic too, if you think about it: The faster you swing your arm, the more hits per second you get.

Back to the original topic, I like the idea of this new tool, I am not sure if it doesn't need more repair power though. If you have 2 engineers and 1 of them has this tool, then you are going to lose 1-3 other vital components that you simply cannot repair, or can you? But that's a risk/reward balance issue.
Rebuilding isn't so great, so if your component dies you are kinda screwed, making a combination with a spanner would be somewhat obligatory.

the point isn't to make the role more fun its to avoid developing carpel tunnel syndrome with constantly clicking.