Author Topic: Mystery ship found in multiple places outside of the map on Raid on the Refinery  (Read 7701 times)

Offline Bart Cunningham

• Salutes: 0
    • [σ_ǫ]
    • View Profile
First found by Guns of Icarus wiki user Umikaloo. As soon as I saw his post, I gathered a team and went looking. I found it outside of the map in grids 5A and 4E and posted screenshots on the wiki page. Thoughts? Anything we need to know, devs, or is this feng shui?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
More like first found a year and a half ago when the map came out :P

According to the dev (bytesizedshorts) in that thread, it was one of the first ships designed for the game, back when they were experimenting with size. It didn't end up making it into the game, so the model was reused as map scenery.

Offline Bart Cunningham

• Salutes: 0
    • [σ_ǫ]
    • View Profile
Oh well. At least it's something interesting to bring back up that a lot of us newer players didn't know about, especially considering that this map is not often played. The dev on the page showed some real interest in creating a ship like this that was more fitting in the world, which I would love to see. It's a cool looking ship. However, that could just be passion talking. Thanks for the link!

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
You're going to see a lot of crazy ship stuff coming soon with co-op mode too ;)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
I heard the model was based on The Icarus from Flight of the Icarus. http://store.steampowered.com/app/49800/

Offline Sanji the Chef

• Salutes: 2
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
I just saw the ship last night, and I'd really like to see more early ship designs featured in maps. It'd be pretty cool to see the designs as they came to fruition and the "civilian" models.