Author Topic: weapon idea: Kalskel light canon  (Read 13697 times)

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
Re: weapon idea: Kalskel light canon
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 03:58:23 pm »
Piercing/explosive is a bad combination.

doesn't the hades already do that?

No it does fire and piercing damage, fire can hurt hull pretty good but its no where near as destructive as explosive

Oh ok I guess I mixed up blast radius (one hades shot can set more than one thing on fire) with explosive damage, but hades is still good against armor and hull

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 04:28:15 pm »
Piercing/explosive is a bad combination.

doesn't the hades already do that?

No it does fire and piercing damage, fire can hurt hull pretty good but its no where near as destructive as explosive

Oh ok I guess I mixed up blast radius (one hades shot can set more than one thing on fire) with explosive damage, but hades is still good against armor and hull

Tested dual hades today, teared galleon apart (slower than gatling+mortal combo but it did in from longer rainge) my idea ist much differend compared to hades... just weaker.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 06:12:51 pm »
I rounded to the mid point of your suggested numbers so 25 Piercing, 25 Explosive.

Against Armor

25 Piercing(1.5 modifier) = 37.5
25 Piercing(.3 modifier) = 7.5

45 damage per shot
360 Damage per clip
Takes 3.2 seconds to shoot this
5.5 seconds reload making total rotation 8.7 seconds

360/8.7 gives us a DPS of 41.38
This makes it roughly the same as a light carronade which has a dps of 35.02 against armor. Against a Junker's 700 hull armor, you're gonna need 2 full clips (17.4 seconds) to bring down armor while praying their isn't a mallet hit done.

Lets give the repair guy some mallet hits. Lets make em smart and he mallets after the clip has been fire as to not waste. Basically with 9 second mallet cooldown, and 8.7 seconds between clip starts, this can easily be done. Your Damage is now functionally 110 per clip till the last clip (you can't repair that which is down.

700-360(final clip)=340/110 (Dam per clip accoutning for mallet repair)=4 (rounding up as you use full clips.)

So thats 5 clips to break a Junker's armor which will take about 43 seconds.
For comparison a merc will take 18 seconds, a hades 12 seconds, a gat 8.5 seconds.

So now we have broken the armor lets look at the hull

Piercing 25(.2 modifier)= 5
Explosive 25 (1.4 modifier)= 35

40 damage per shot
320 per clip

320/8.7 gives us 36.78 dps. However, that isn't as important with hull kills as its about putting enough damage during the rebuild of the armor.. Lets keep fighting that Junker from earlier.

320 damage leaves the perma hull 180, However, during that 8.7 seconds, can the Junker rebuild its armor? Yeah, we need 9 spanner hits and it takes less than a second between whacks so unless there is some serious slack, you can't one clip meaning you have to break armor again.

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »
I rounded to the mid point of your suggested numbers so 25 Piercing, 25 Explosive.

Against Armor

25 Piercing(1.5 modifier) = 37.5
25 Piercing(.3 modifier) = 7.5

45 damage per shot
360 Damage per clip

360/8.7 gives us a DPS of 41.38
This makes it roughly the same as a light carronade which has a dps of 35.02 against armor. Against a Junker's 700 hull armor, you're gonna need 2 full clips (17.4 seconds) to bring down armor while praying their isn't a mallet hit done.

Lets give the repair guy some mallet hits. Lets make em smart and he mallets after the clip has been fire as to not waste. Basically with 9 second mallet cooldown, and 8.7 seconds between clip starts, this can easily be done. Your Damage is now functionally 110 per clip till the last clip (you can't repair that which is down.

700-360(final clip)=340/110 (Dam per clip accoutning for mallet repair)=4 (rounding up as you use full clips.)

So thats 5 clips to break a Junker's armor which will take about 43 seconds.
For comparison a merc will take 18 seconds, a hades 12 seconds, a gat 8.5 seconds.

So now we have broken the armor lets look at the hull

Piercing 25(.2 modifier)= 5
Explosive 25 (1.4 modifier)= 35

40 damage per shot
320 per clip

320/8.7 gives us 36.78 dps. However, that isn't as important with hull kills as its about putting enough damage during the rebuild of the armor.. Lets keep fighting that Junker from earlier.

320 damage leaves the perma hull 180, However, during that 8.7 seconds, can the Junker rebuild its armor? Yeah, we need 9 spanner hits and it takes less than a second between whacks so unless there is some serious slack, you can't one clip meaning you have to break armor again.

well holy sh#t.

the effort you putted on this one is respected.

If i understood this correctly my weapon (idea) would destroy armor slower than other armor pearsing weapons. (wich would make this weapon balanced) But would 2 Kalskels destoy the armor in 21,5 seconds?

and how long does it take to destroy the hull with this compared to flack/mortal/banshee?

or how long does it take to destroy armor and the ship with 2 of this compared to gatling + mortal combos (other combos)

(im VERY bad at math so i cant figure this out my self)

But would this mean that this weapon is balanced or weak? (or op)

Offline Neithrantulre

• Salutes: 8
    • [KNEE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:47 pm »
As something with decent armor and hull damage and very long range, doesn't this step on the Hades role? Maybe it would be better to make it easier than Hades and closer range. I like the concept of a piercing/explosive gun with modest damage. This should kill slower than gat/flak, but make sure you're not making something purely better than hades.