Author Topic: Can we have cooldowns appear in the icons?  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Panties

• Salutes: 1
    • [W3]
    • View Profile
Can we have cooldowns appear in the icons?
« on: May 30, 2014, 08:19:23 pm »
As an engineer, it's a pain to run to a component to only have it be under cooldown. See image:

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Can we have cooldowns appear in the icons?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 09:39:28 pm »
That would be very nice I think, and it should certainly be doable (see the bars in spectator mode).

However the reasoning for not including this may have something to do with it giving too much information to engineers.

I'm all for it though!

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:50:13 pm »
1. i just laughed for like 5 minutes at your name. its just so blunt. panties. lawl. beers may or may not have been involved in my finding of it so hilarious.

2. it would be certainly useful. but i think it would be too usefull. timing is what separates great engineers from average engineers, and i like that learning curve that emerges as a consequence of not having all the info you need on your screen at all times.

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 02:11:44 am »
How about a compromise? Maybe if you are within X feet/meters of the component, you can see the cooldowns (thus you don't have to run all the way to one specific component and look right at it just to see the cooldowns)? Maybe make it so the captain can see the cooldowns on some of the most critical components to increase their awareness of the conditions of the ship (like just Hull and Balloon), as well as to perhaps encourage some more communication.