Author Topic: What faction will you fight for?  (Read 180760 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Re: What faction will you fight for?
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2015, 06:17:27 pm »
Indeed, that is why you should fly with the Yeshans. Only through cooperation, coordination, and order made competent by competition and ambition can we survive.

but in the republic you keep what you kill.

In the empire, you are rewarded for every kill. I personally prefer a bag of gold coins over a bloody carcass to drag about.

Offline QUY

• Salutes: 6
    • [♞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2015, 07:14:03 pm »
Indeed, that is why you should fly with the Yeshans. Only through cooperation, coordination, and order made competent by competition and ambition can we survive.

but in the republic you keep what you kill.

In the empire, you are rewarded for every kill. I personally prefer a bag of gold coins over a bloody carcass to drag about.

Not a carcass, a trophy. I keep a piece of the figure head from ever ship I drop. That's not to mention that the coin i make from selling the cargo is triple what the Yesha pay .

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2015, 08:13:21 pm »

Not a carcass, a trophy. I keep a piece of the figure head from ever ship I drop. That's not to mention that the coin i make from selling the cargo is triple what the Yesha pay .

Well then, I see we have a difference in opinions, a rift that is unbridgeable. I find "trophies" distasteful and unauthorizes sales of "cargo" chaos. I see your point of view uncivilized. I will have to meet you in the skies.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2015, 08:27:21 pm »
Remember, the similarities between Anglea and vikings are minimal at best. It pretty much starts and stops at the fact that they both like raiding.

They both come from the cold inhospitable areas, they have a penchant for furs and massive upper body strength. Muse needs to make a theme with shields hanging off the side of the airship and the look will be complete

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2015, 11:25:19 pm »
I'd probably fight for the Mercantile Guild. Just something about them seems to attract me. It's not so much that wealth and power that attracts me, I guess it's more so their vast widespread market, seeing as they have just about anything (or at least, someone has something anyway).

My outfit on my character also seems to suit the Guild I suppose (might buy me something else in the future though if you believe otherwise).

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2015, 03:56:38 am »
I'd probably fight for the Mercantile Guild. Just something about them seems to attract me. It's not so much that wealth and power that attracts me, I guess it's more so their vast widespread market, seeing as they have just about anything (or at least, someone has something anyway).

My outfit on my character also seems to suit the Guild I suppose (might buy me something else in the future though if you believe otherwise).
White and gold are the colours of the merc guild, we are often seen as ruthless operatives yet I prefer the term "Teladi profitss" whenever something "ruthless is done ;)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2015, 05:48:09 am »
Probably the Anglean Republic for me

They seem like the tough, scrapyard miracle makers that pull through due to sheer knowledge of advanced technology.
They are motivated by the pursuit of understanding and not even the coldest, harshest barren wastelands will stop their curiosity.
Not only that but living in such conditions make their culture based on being crafty, resourceful, and adaptive.

They are resilient engineers/archeologists/scientists.
What they lack in natural talent, discipline, and tactics they make up for in being cold and calculating (literally).

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:59 am »
The one who pays me the most in shinnies

Offline Bronzium

• [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2015, 09:35:54 am »

White and gold are the colours of the merc guild, we are often seen as ruthless operatives yet I prefer the term "Teladi profitss" whenever something "ruthless is done ;)
Hmm, a bit more posh to the fashion then, eh?

I'l see if I can get something worked on then. :P

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2015, 11:28:56 am »

Not so much posh, just the colours :)

Personally (this is just my imagination not actual lore.) I see the Mercantile Guild being something closer to a Mafia.. Traders, craftsman and businessmen all in the interest of earning money, but if push comes to shove they're ready with a small army and the money to fund it. :)

Offline Bronzium

• [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2015, 03:01:22 pm »

Not so much posh, just the colours :)

Personally (this is just my imagination not actual lore.) I see the Mercantile Guild being something closer to a Mafia.. Traders, craftsman and businessmen all in the interest of earning money, but if push comes to shove they're ready with a small army and the money to fund it. :)
Hmm, well, my current getup for the most part is a rustic/bronze color scheme (hence my name), but I might make an effort to adorn something in those colors (though I'l have to check if I have those dyes in my inventory first).

I too was thinking of them as a Mafia actually (the co-op trailer got me thinking that), seeing as how they've got the firearms and wealth to pull it off.

What we really need for the game are pins (one for each faction, with the faction's colors and logo), so we can briefly distinguish someone from a faction (same goes for faction decals on airships).

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2015, 12:45:03 pm »
Why does nobody want to fly for the Yeshan empire?

Do you not know that pyramidions, Goldfishes, and Galleons are Yeshan designs? Do you not want to lead an invincible armada of hundred airships into battle?

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2015, 01:00:49 pm »
Do you not know that pyramidions, Goldfishes, and Galleons are Yeshan designs? Do you not want to lead an invincible armada of hundred airships into battle?

Mobula OP

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2015, 04:08:00 am »
Why does nobody want to fly for the Yeshan empire?

Yeshans need more love..

Offline aceofeagles

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2015, 12:34:55 pm »
All Hail the Fjord Baronies. LIVE WITH HOUNOR. DIE IN DUTY *does a eren yeager salute*