Author Topic: Hephaestus Challenge Tipping Thread  (Read 109095 times)

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus Challenge Tipping Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »
Alright frogger and sunderland beat me this week (((

Eating into your lead. Very slowly.

Don't take it from me! I need to win at least anywhere XD

Offline Grayknight

• Salutes: 5
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2014, 07:39:00 am »
Week 4:

Muse def. DPA 5-1
HRA def TAW 5-0
MM def Cake 5-3

- Muse + Xemko = x-factor. If he's on a LJ, DPA doesn't stand a chance. If he takes the week off, DPA has a shot. Last week, I picked Muse for the gunner-factor, this week, I do the same.

- HRA eats teams. I'm really glad we don't play them until the elimination stages.

- MM, I just like them. I have illusions of the old grandeur that was Zill's team. It will happen. I don't know if it will be this week, but I will continuously pick them to my own dismay. (Plus, I owe them that for a youtube video from many moons ago that includes some colorful metaphors directed at their team :P )

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2014, 07:59:27 am »
Week 4

Muse 5 vs 4 Dpa
Hra 5 vs 0 Taw
MM 3 vs 5 Cake

Upset: MM beats cake

I give this thing to muse cause they establish a decent play in this tournament and if they get a similiar crew like last week they surely can beat DPA. Dpa also surprised last week but imo that was more due to mistakes from ovw than for great plays of dpa. If muse puts the correct focus and gets a good crew they can beat dpa and give us a great show.

HRA beat alot of great teams and is surely one of the new talents. And with TAW they face a struggling team. Sad for taw but this should be a clear victory for hra.

This was very hard to guess for me. I give it to Cake cause besides last week they always showed that they can compete at this lvl. Something barely anyone expected before the start of hephaestus. They sure have the skill to beat MM. It will be hard but they can pull it off. MM managed to beat bfs last week and they could beat cake aswell but i just think cake showed better up to this point.

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2014, 08:31:23 am »
Museosaurs 3 vs 5 DeadPool's Army
Holy Roman Army 5 vs 1 The Art of Warfare
Zill's Merry Men 2 vs 5 Cake

-Muse is a team that's really hard to predict the score with right now, especially against DPA, that did not have really impressive matches either. The problem with Muse is that many members of their roster is a mix from any other clans, which can be highly advantageous for them, but another drawback is their tendency to take controversial builds, which most of the time backfire rather than work as intended. DPA on the other hand had a really tough time, first facing Rydr, that had the experience advantage over them, later on fighting against Merry Men, where I believe their trust in double metamidion is what lost them their match. That being said, they managed a really impressive victory once they brought a double banshee build, which highly abused the flaws in OVW playstyle. With all that being said, this match is really hard to properly predict for me, with both teams having little experience, but with Muse possibly having more veteran players in their team to their advantage, but not necessarily having the best ship choices, and DPA, that's finally started to think about their strategy. I put my horses on DPA with this match, but it's only because they're stable with their ability to pull off a victory, whereas the everchanging Muse squad and controversial picks may or may not be Muse's key to victory.

-There's no doubt about this match, HRA being currently at the very top of the bracket in both Divisions, versus TAW, that are yet to get the first kill. I'm sorry to say that, but HRA outskills you guys. I do hope you'll get at least that one kill somehow.

-As much as one would think this is an even matchup, I think that Cake will take this without much problem. Merry Men had alot of trouble dealing with BFS, which I don't think of a really powerful team right now, and Cake is giving people quite a fight in every single of their matches. And I believe that their aggressive playstyle we've seen against TAW will bring them victory against Merry Men as well.
If by any chance I'm wrong about that, and Merry Men will take a convincing win against Cake, I'll be happy too, for where I previously have seen BFS and MM as kind of rusty, and currently weak teams, a win against Cake will be deciding factor for me that MM is coming back, ever so powerful.

Good Luck to everyone, and have fun.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2014, 12:26:19 pm »
Muse def. DPA 5-2
HRA def. TAW 5-0
Cake def. MM 5-3

-Muse had been doing a good job, and DPA has only managed a win against a poor choice of build by Overwatch. I could see DPA winning if Muse has an especially bad week, but I don't think it's likely.
-HRA has been one of the top teams so far, and TAW has yet to score a kill. Sorry TAW, but for now I expect that to continue.
-A bit of a tough call, but I've been more impressed with Cake than MM lately.

Offline Celti

• Salutes: 12
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2014, 01:26:15 pm »
Muse 5 vs 4 DPA
Hra 5 vs 0 Taw
MM 5 vs 4 Cake

Upset: DPA beats Muse

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2014, 09:42:34 pm »
Muse 5 vs 3 DPA
Hra 5 vs 0 Taw
MM 3 vs 5 Cake

Upset: MM beats Cake

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 05:40:51 am »
Muse - DPA 5:4
HRA - TAW 5:0
MM - Cake 5:3

(I actually think Cake's gonna win but I gotta bet against the mainstream to have any chance of not being last . MM, please, you're my last hope)

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:56 pm »
Muse 5 vs. 3 DPA
HRA 5 vs. 1 TAW
MM 3 vs. 5 Cake

Upset: MM beats Cake

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2014, 01:32:38 am »
Muse 3 vs 5 DPA
Hra 5 vs 0 Taw
MM 3 vs 5 Cake

Upset:
MM beats Cake

Offline Mysterious Medic

• Salutes: 35
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2014, 08:28:13 am »
Muse vs DPA 4-5
HRA vs TAW 5-0
MM vs Cake 5-4

Upset: Cake beats MM

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2014, 01:49:14 pm »
Muse - DPA 4:5
HRA - TAW 5:0
Cake -  MM 4:5

no time to explain XD

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2014, 03:14:00 pm »
Muse beats DPA 5-3
HRA beats TAW 5-0
Cake beats MM 5-4

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2014, 06:26:10 pm »
Week 4 Results:

Muse 0 vs 1 DPA

HRA 5 vs 2 TAW
Cake 5 vs 2 MM

Alistair MacBain: 14.2 (+2)
N-Sunderland: 17.5 (+2)
Hunter.: 9 (+0)
Mysterious Medic: 15.2 (+2)
Mezhu: 13.4 (+1)
Tanya Phenole: 18.5 (+2)
Redria: 10.3 (+0)
Puppy Fur: 11.2 (+0)
Frogger: 17.7 (+2)
Mr. Ace Rimmer: 3.1 (+0)
Sammy B.T.: 16.3 (+2)
B'elanna: 2 (+0)
Thomas: 10.2 (+3)
Grayknight: 8.1 (+1)
Deltajugg: 11.3 (+3.1)
Ightrril: 5 (+2)
Celti: 3 (+1)

This part is just for fun. Just thought ill add sth for the Upset of the week aswell. One point if your upset was correct. (opposite of your guesss)
Upsets:
Mr. Ace Rimmer: 1
Alistair MacBain: 1
Redria: 0
Mezhu: 0
Thomas: 1
Mysterious Medic: 1
Celti: 1

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2014, 02:31:22 am »
I know I've been gone from competitive for a long time but I must say it's interesting to read about Cake and Muse being favorites along with a relatively new team while BFS and MM are being painted as underdogs.

Anyways, my prediction for the week is that former competitive Ducks play on the Muse side and help them towards a resounding victory.