Author Topic: How to sell more)  (Read 13659 times)

Offline Lost in woods

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
How to sell more)
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:03:20 am »
The commercial idea of the game is to sell additional stuff. Why not to add user pictures (animated or not) when someone is talking in microphone. Maybe it is the only way to show your "face" during the battle!
Besides, maybe it is a sense to let players from all teams to talk in radio? Just to add one more button for "radio sending". Aircraft without radio - nonsense! Maybe it is worth to add "lamp radio" - additional item to put on the place of one gun, if you want to send message - use "e", and say what you want in common radio ether. That can give more fun.

Offline Ballu

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
Re: How to sell more)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:54 am »
I would love to hear some special sounds on board! Just a funny noise the commander can play in the voice chat. What about a "boing" when you get rammed? :-D

(And i want the Captain Ballu Theme on my Ship!)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 01:22:35 am »
Oh-wee-o

Offline Latrew

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 02:58:55 am »
Yeah. So someone can consistently voice spam all other players running around the map on a squid with a "lamp radio". Let's call it pre-electronic warfare. You have too much faith in people.

Offline Lost in woods

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:20:10 am »
OK. Maybe you are right, still we need some way of communication. What about signal flags? Like it done in real fleet. We can put them on the back side of balloon. They can be specific for different cases and have to be other, than customizing flags. For example - long and mono-colored.  At last 4 - 5 signals like:
need help - red flag
steak together - blue flag
keep the distance - light blue
attack my victim - yellow flag
go to hell - black flag - this one for those who don`t want to play in command.
Flags are to be in captains menu.

Maybe there is the sense to make a lot of small colored flags with many different senses to choose, and if captain (or any other crew member) will look at them with scope - teem will get a message in text chat.

Besides, it can be good idea to organize voice commands like that is done in old CS game ("gogogo", "steak together team" and so on). I mean - you push the button, and then another to "say" something more or less usual.
"Need engineer", "hull on fire" or "enemy is on the left side"
 And this is the way how people from different countries can communicate - captain is Japanese - he push the command reading hieroglyphic signs, and player hear it in the language of localization of the game, for example american engineer will hear it in english, russian gunner in russian and allemand pilot in allemande. The only trouble - we will need localization, or at least instruments of modifying some part of game content.     

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:48:34 am »
Flying the blue flag.. I'll hold the ribeyes over the side and you make a pass with the flamer.. .. :)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »
After gazing at Hamsters flags I noticed that in some pictures the red and yellow triangular sides have switched places if you naturally rotate their arms in the same position.

In conclusion;- I probably need either more hobbies; a new husband or I've developed some sort of authistic syndrome at age 32

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 03:36:37 pm »

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 05:42:08 pm »
If you want to read the flags.. hit "quote" ;)

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 05:53:06 pm »
Translated voice or text commands have been suggested before.  Anything extraneous is going to come off like a bad FPS server that just installed every addon it could find until it made a terrible, loud mess  You don't want to encourage people to goof off too much in such a team-dependent game.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 07:45:26 pm »
After gazing at Hamsters flags I noticed that in some pictures the red and yellow triangular sides have switched places if you naturally rotate their arms in the same position.

In conclusion;- I probably need either more hobbies; a new husband or I've developed some sort of authistic syndrome at age 32

If you are referring to these:

H ---
I  ---

Keep in mind the red and yellow triangles are supposed to represent flags that hang the way gravity pulls them.

Ever since I saw the Monty Python sketch. I have been playing with the idea of using Semaphore flags for silly messages.

Offline Lost in woods

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 02:14:37 pm »
No, you did not grab my idea. I was laking about simpler implementation of classic flag signal system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_maritime_signal_flags

Offline Lost in woods

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 02:33:21 pm »
And radio may be in such mode

Or even as a Morze stuff

And historical airships had the same http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airship_Italia

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 02:34:40 pm »
And radio may be in such mode

Or even as a Morze stuff

And historical airships had the same http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airship_Italia

I'm somewhat confused.... Voice chat? cause we have that :P