Author Topic: Priority One (Engi Achieve, Fixin', Rank 12)  (Read 7471 times)

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Priority One (Engi Achieve, Fixin', Rank 12)
« on: May 27, 2014, 05:26:52 pm »
I had a question about the "Rebuild 45 parts less than 5 seconds after destruction".

Uh, 5 seconds isn't very long, even sitting at the part and spamming rebuild.

AFAIK the only possible way to do this solo is sit on a squid's hull.

Was that the intention of this? Was the intention to have this be a teamwork thing? (Though I don't see it listed under teamwork) If so, I would suggest that instead of promoting teamwork it actively harms it, as people will not repair until the last tick in order to grab this achieve. And actually thats what most of the rebuild achieves boil down to heh, but that's another story.

So Engi's, what did you do for this achievement?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Priority One (Engi Achieve, Fixin', Rank 12)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:29:14 pm »
"Guys, I'm one achieve away from level 13, but there's this really stupid rebuild one that's holding me back. Wanna make a private lobby so I can get it?"

"Sure, Sunderland!"

That's basically how I got it. Not a very well though-out achievement.

Offline pandatopia

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 05:47:44 pm »
"Guys, I'm one achieve away from level 13, but there's this really stupid rebuild one that's holding me back. Wanna make a private lobby so I can get it?"

"Sure, Sunderland!"

That's basically how I got it. Not a very well though-out achievement.

lol...that is what I'm trying not to resort to, but yea, that achievement, and the stupid 2k spot one are just frustrating hit or miss ones you can't even really work towards.

Ah well, thanks, I just wanted to know if anyone else is as bewildered by this achieve as I am.

(Also the chem spray to put out fires one right before this...I mean, is the game trying to get you to use chem spray incorrectly? lol)

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »
Dunno how but for some weird reason i got this achievment already.
And im quite i didnt farm it.

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 07:08:19 pm »
This is basically an achievement that you do by rebuilding a part with someone else, if, for example, you are pinned down to the ground and you lose your balloon constantly, you sit on the balloon along with another person and you rebuild it all the time. Other common situation where you do it is when you lose hull quickly all the time, taking alot of enemy fire, and where another person from the ships helps you in keeping the ship alive. I didn't actually farm this particular achievement, for more often than not I found myself in a situation where two of us just had to be glued to a component if we wanted to repair it fast enough to survive another day. I suggest doing it on a goldfish or squid, as you find yourself in such situation alot and usually there's two people keeping watch of the hull on those ships. Other ships, such as galleon and pyramidion, are ok too if you fight against someone that intensely puts your hull down, but you don't have any enemy in a gun arc. It is doable in normal play quite easily, and doesn't really require farming (at least not as much as 1km kills).

Offline pandatopia

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 08:36:39 am »
Hmm, I'm slowly chipping away at this by sitting on squid hulls.

I did manage to get one tick of this repairing a balloon with someone else, but that takes THREE people to accomplish, or 2 people squatting on the balloon immediately.

A bit convoluted but at least something I can work towards.

Hilariously, this perpetuates the idea that engineers level better when your team is losing =D

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:35 pm »
I had completed "Fixin" and other branches like that somewhere around lvl 11. Because they actually got for whatever you do.

Basically, this achievement focuses on assist rebuilds. In high-end game you want to rebuild disabled component faster than opponent  could do that , and usually you know in advance what dies next - you see the projectiles flying to your ship, you know cooldowns , etc.

Also, I must warn you - the higher is your level, the faster rebuilds are expected from you. By captain, not by achievement log.

Good luck and clear skies <3

Offline pandatopia

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 09:03:22 am »
Hum, I had gotten this a while back by sitting in squids =P

Hmm, I typically find that we win not by faster rebuilds but by more shooting. Its like the Geth way of it - doesn't matter if you're not as good, if you have more guns shooting for longer, you're going to have a much higher chance of winning.

To that regard I find myself on high level ships generally needing to shoot more and be more accurate rather than requiring too much on the engie preparation front.

The biggest engie hurdle I think was learning to count spray and deciding whether to spray or repair.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 01:32:04 pm »
Heh, I'm on that achievement... Thankfully, solo rebuilds aren't a requirement, and you can also barely rebuild a destroyed light gun with a weapon in that time, if you rebuild immediately. Squid hulls work quite well for that achievement.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 01:38:07 pm »
Just think, when the achievement was initially in the game it was 4 seconds.