Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #4 (Signups for Sunday 1st June)  (Read 19002 times)

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile

There is a unique tradition practised by a mysterious sect of monks, its origins lost in the mists of time. Every Sunday, they would rise from their deep contemplation of the universe to duke it out in homemade airships across a variety of exotic locales. Largely forgotten for centuries, now that the airship is mainstream, the sect have gone public, encouraging any young men and women who will listen to participate in violent weekend air battles. At least it gets them off the streets.

The fourth skirmish will take place at 7pm UTC on Sunday 1st June (note that Britain is not currently on UTC) and will be streamed by Fourth Oracle at http://www.twitch.tv/fourthoracle.
The event follows the same 2v2 deathmatch, single elimination, best of 3 format that you should be used to. Teams should consist of 8 players - please only sign up if you are confident of your ability to turn up with a full team.

Signups should be posted in this thread and include a Steam/Skype contact and team name. Signups close at midnight (UTC) on Saturday the 31st of May. Please try to avoid last minute signups.
The bracket and map rolls will be available soon after signups close. (brackets at http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/)
Participants will be contacted before and during the event to keep them updated on the brackets and when their team will be competing.

Time Limit Rules
  • Matches have a 15 minute time limit. 3 minutes are added to the timer at every kill.
  • When the timer runs out, the team with the higher score wins.
  • If the timer runs out and the scores are tied, the match is a draw. If a Bo3 is left tied like this, it will be decided by score totals. If these are also tied, it will be resolved with a (virtual) coin toss.

Substitution/Disconnect Rules:
  • Nobody may play for more than one team on the same day.
  • The match referee is authorised to call pauses and allow substitutions midmatch at their own discretion. A guideline is about 2 pauses/substitutions per team per match. However if both teams are happy to have a pause or it otherwise seems appropriate in the circumstances the referee can allow as many pauses as necessary.
  • In the same way it is up to the referee to judge when a match restart is appropriate. Generally restarts should be avoided if kills have already been scored, however it is still an option in situations where lag/disconnects are severely affecting the progress and/or outcome of a match.
  • The timer may be reset or bonus time may be added in situations where time has been lost for reasons beyond the teams' control eg. disconnects or match restarts.

Offline OnlyMan.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #4 (Signups for Sunday 1st June)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:10:04 pm »
Team: Mortem In Caelum (MICa)
Contact: OnlyMan (steam:gkconnor91) and adarkterror (steam:aadarkterror)

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:45:56 am »
when some thing is called a community event should it not have the appeal of the community a time that fits all and is fair

i know that with my team we have been extremely competitive in the passed and turned up to all the events possible over the last 12 months only missing 5 events 1 due to we only had 10 players when my grandfather got sick and 3 while i was moving house and we didn't like cogs so we never signed up that is pretty impressive you would have to agree

the quetion here is why is it a hour earlyer my bother and sisters in american are strapped for cash and have to work longer hours and the each hour hurts them so much more then the rest of us there unable to play which leaves me with my uk, asain and aussie counter parts which rules out my asain bothers which is 4am for them and 5 am for my aussie guys

with just one hour back there is the option of having another team that has been good sports fair and friendly player why wouldn't you wanna have us there let talk this out and see if we can't come to a understanding

ONE HOUR IS ALL I ASK GIVE US A FAIR GO

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:54:55 am »
if you find enough teams to say yes to one hour change, then it is possible to change it. otherwise no.

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:33:17 am »
The impression I got is that many people felt the old time was too late and preferred to have it earlier. Due to the wide variety of timezones it's unfortunately impossible to have a time that perfectly suits everyone. That said I'd be open to moving the event an hour later in the future if other potential participants are happy with this.

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 01:03:36 pm »
Dude, due to the wide variety of timezone and unflexibility of organisers, you have three teams maximum, every time same ones, every time they are "mostly european" teams.

It is not like I am not interested to look on ryders-thralls-404 every week, no, it is nice, and interesting, and not boring at all.

Sorry for being a sarcastic asshole, but Tropo must be a highly motivated person to wake up at 6 am to take part in tourney. Give him an hour, so he can wake up not at 5 am.

Previous time was not "too late" but setting up at beginning of tournament, and waiting an hour for other teams to finish was more than just tiring.  What could change it? One match on entry bracket, and three matches only on final. I might be wrong, but I remember sunday rumble was about the same.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:10:44 pm by Tanya Phenole »

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 01:54:03 pm »
Dude, due to the wide variety of timezone and unflexibility of organisers, you have three teams maximum, every time same ones, every time they are "mostly european" teams.

It is not like I am not interested to look on ryders-thralls-404 every week, no, it is nice, and interesting, and not boring at all.

Sorry for being a sarcastic asshole, but Tropo must be a highly motivated person to wake up at 6 am to take part in tourney. Give him an hour, so he can wake up not at 5 am.

Previous time was not "too late" but setting up at beginning of tournament, and waiting an hour for other teams to finish was more than just tiring.  What could change it? One match on entry bracket, and three matches only on final. I might be wrong, but I remember sunday rumble was about the same.

the problem here is not that we cant move it an hour, the problem is we dont know if the other teams will still participate

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »
as Skrimskraw has indicated, we're open to moving an hour earlier later. Just firstly want to establish whether current and potential participants would be happy with this change.

EDIT: later/earlier fail
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:34:56 pm by Velvet »

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 02:33:37 pm »
as Skrimskraw has indicated, we're open to moving an hour earlier. Just firstly want to establish whether current and potential participants would be happy with this change.
hour later, will ask my team on saturday when we are all together

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 02:34:39 pm »
yes I did mean an hour later. ><

Offline Scorpione

• Salutes: 8
    • [404]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 05:45:09 pm »
404 will be there.
About the time; while we prefer the 7pm UTC we can understand the situation for the americans.
So, what about sorting the match order so that EU only games go first and US only games play later?

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 06:16:10 pm »
404 will be there.
About the time; while we prefer the 7pm UTC we can understand the situation for the americans.
So, what about sorting the match order so that EU only games go first and US only games play later?
Tropo's aussie or new zelandian or something of that sort. More than just two sets of time zones to consider.

Someone always tends to get screwed :(

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 06:32:41 pm »
did actually offer to Tropo previously to allow SAC's games to start an hour later. That offer still stands to any teams interested.

This weekend we'll stick to the 7 PM UTC start.

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 02:15:28 am »
thanks guys well give it a miss this week and try again nexted week

been desperately trying to find replacements but its 6 people that have a problem with the time we hope to take you up of the hour later start in future

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 12:06:36 pm »
thralls signing up