Author Topic: GoIO Q&A and Announcements from Friday dev chat  (Read 19975 times)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
Re: GoIO Q&A and Announcements from Friday dev chat
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 01:52:40 pm »
ib4 he realises these forums done broked and he can't edit his place holders. =P

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »
ib4 he realises these forums done broked and he can't edit his place holders. =P

I have minions for that ;)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 04:12:57 pm »
"Minions"

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 05:24:31 pm »
"Minions"

Ssh..! Embrace the Guns of Icarus hierarchy, where powder monkey captains order their level 10+ Minions around, ignore their advice and blame them for the loss when they ram their light flak/harpoon/flare squid into a wall! It is beautiful!

Offline swimfan

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »
Question: How does matchmaking work with ratings? Are people with similar ratings put together, will it try to balance the average team ratings, or are the ratings ignored when formung matches?
Answer: So far the matchmaking tests have not included any ratings functionality. Only the core functions and mechanics have been tested. The balancing functionality will be added later.

could someone explain this pls? match making is going live without any "balancing functionality?" none of the code and testing so far did actuall ranking? i thoght matchmaking was about to get added soon but it doent really do ranks? or is it not even close ot ready yet? i dont get it  :( :(

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 11:10:08 pm »
Dev app testing cannot test matchmaking with ranking since everyone in the dev app is essentially the same rank. 

When matchmaking is released, ranking will be used to balance matches, it's not really something that can be tested in the dev app environment. 

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 11:20:06 pm »
Not quite, Captain Smollett,

When they were testing matchmaking, they only had the Core functions working, they wanted to see it working before moving ahead with adding more features. Idea being that if you iron out the clinks in the foundation then you have a better foundation to build off.  This along other feathers will be added before going live and all will be tested on the dev app before being released into the wild.

The testing is really important, we need every person actually come onto the dev test and try it out. Ideally if we could get 200 people actually on instead of just 50, then more things could actually be shaken out.

Next testing, I believe is coming up in April ish but for the life of me can't remember where I saw this information, so I can't confirm it, soon as I can find the fix day, I would most likely be doing a lot of recruitment drive in the few days leading up to the next test, you be able to grab me or another CA for keys to access the dev app.

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 03:19:08 am »
Next testing, I believe is coming up in April ish but for the life of me can't remember where I saw this information, so I can't confirm it, soon as I can find the fix day, I would most likely be doing a lot of recruitment drive in the few days leading up to the next test, you be able to grab me or another CA for keys to access the dev app.

Possibly on the first page of this thread? ;)

Announcement: Saturday, April 5th is probably the next date for testing matchmaking. Those of you who participated in the last test, there were problems. There have been a lot of improvements and fixes. It is awesome now.

Offline swimfan

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 08:07:02 am »
ok i was thinkign that this matchmaking was almost done and about to go in game! guess not lol thanks for clearning that up. matchmaking with no ranking would i think be pretty bad for this game so i guess we just got to wait longer

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 02:33:17 pm »
Hey there,

my sincere apologies for not updating this thread regularly. Those on the fireside chats probably already know, but for the rest of the forums goers that also deserve to know; I am and have actively been monitoring the weekly fireside chats, but have come to realize a forum thread is not a good place to keep people updated due to the overwhelming amount of q&a+announcements even after the first few weeks.

Stay tuned for something better. Meanwhile, feel free to keep asking for boarding and skywhales flying in the skies. They might be implemented if we ask enough. ;)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 07:11:04 am »
Can we board Skywhales?

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile