Author Topic: Ship Design Concept: The Carrier  (Read 13678 times)

Offline Nadrynne

• Salutes: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Design Concept: The Carrier
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 09:13:24 pm »
Yeah, one option is to make planes/carriers specific to a map. Like you could have a map where each side has a carrier supported by other airships, or a map where there are airstrips with capture points and slots for plane pilots or whatever. This is one way of preventing the focus of the game shifting from airship combat to fighter plane combat.

Offline AscendantWyvern

• Salutes: 1
    • [SoH]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Design Concept: The Carrier
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 08:39:11 am »
I know I'm necro'ing this thread quite a bit, but I prefer using an older thread to creating one.

I like this idea, airplanes were a part of the cinematic Guns of Icarus Online Trailer and it would be cool to invoke that Crimson Skies feel to Online play.

Granted, this type of thing is extremely different compared to other ships and weapons, and balancing it correctly is a ton of work, but it's just a cool thing to suggest.

Not sure about the helicopter, though. I feel like airplanes are niche enough for Online.

The biggest concern is how to coordinate teamwork with it, it seems like it would be easy for the Gunner to just run off and do their own thing while the Carrier sits back. Well...then the rest of the crew just twiddles their thumbs in waiting.

All in all, it's a complicated thing to work on, but I would like to see it sometime. I know it'll most likely show up on Adventure Mode, but Online Play would be interesting to have it.