Author Topic: Guns of Icarus Tournament *Final Update more details*  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Cptn zoidberg

• Salutes: 0
    • [GREY]
    • View Profile
Guns of Icarus Tournament *Final Update more details*
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:44:29 pm »
So sorry I haven't had time to write about this in full detail (I have been busy).
Time?

1st round will start June 13th 7:00 central time.

Structure of the tournament?

Double elimination with a losers bracket 8v8 teams and 1 game each round.

Substitutes?

Substitutes will be allowed as long as they are not registered on another team (I will probably be a sub).

Time limit?

Each round starts 45 minutes after the last (except the break from Friday to Saturday)

Streams?

I personally plan on spectating some games and streaming unless i am needed as a sub but anyone else is welcome to!

My twitch channel http://www.twitch.tv/maxamis007

Signups, teams in it?

You can signup here:https://binarybeast.com/xGoIO1405170 under teams after making a account.

As for people it will depend on how many teams signup my team limit is 16 which will be 132 people but their may be fewer teams

Other info?

JSG (just some gamers) is sponsoring the tournament and please check it out!

Contact for questions?

To be honest I probably won't be checking this much if you want to contact me quick here is my email Maxawell007@gmail.com

My steam profile is here http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095558036 Don't be shy to add me I won't bite!

The tournament itself is here.

https://binarybeast.com/xGoIO1405170

P.S thanks for velvet for the suggestions

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 04:47:49 pm by Cptn zoidberg »

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus Tournament *Final Update more details*
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »
Even though there are a few more infos now im still not sure.
8v8? Thats not possible.
Its 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 atm. Nothing more possible.

Next thing? Ruleset? How is the time handled? Experience showed that if you dont give a time limit the experienced players can drag out a game for ages.

June 17th is a Friday. 7pm Central i guess.
That works but if you want to start the same time on saturday alot of the experienced players wont be able to compete.
The Hephaestus Challenge which is supposed to be the main event for the competetive scene for guns of icarus will be played out at this timespot.
We sure can work something out with the other admins of the HC but we would need to talk about it beforehand and dont just put a date in.

As much as i like a spread out competetive scene with different tournaments organizers i still think you missed alot.
Who will  ref? Who keeps track of games? Cause people will be curious if you plan on subbing on your own.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »
8v8? Thats not possible.

Next thing? Ruleset? How is the time handled? Experience showed that if you dont give a time limit the experienced players can drag out a game for ages.

June 17th is a Friday. 7pm Central i guess.
That works but if you want to start the same time on saturday alot of the experienced players wont be able to compete.
The Hephaestus Challenge which is supposed to be the main event for the competetive scene for guns of icarus will be played out at this timespot.
We sure can work something out with the other admins of the HC but we would need to talk about it beforehand and dont just put a date in.

As much as i like a spread out competetive scene with different tournaments organizers i still think you missed alot.
Who will  ref? Who keeps track of games? Cause people will be curious if you plan on subbing on your own.
By 8v8 I'm guessing he means 2v2 (8 players vs 8 players).

June 17th is a Tuesday, but I'm not even sure why that's number you put. 13th is a Friday, and the Hephaestus league is on Saturdays, wouldn't conflict at all.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 05:20:26 pm »
Quote: 1st round will start June 13th 7:00 central time.
13th thats friday. I accidently wrote 17th. Sorry for that.
Quote: (except the break from Friday to Saturday)
And thats why im talking bout saturday aswell.

And yeah that 8v8 as 8 player vs 8 players makes sense. Cheers for clearing it up.

Offline Cptn zoidberg

• [GREY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »
8v8? Thats not possible.

I mean 2 ships teams not 8 ship teams i meant 8 people
as for refs we don't need them you submit your own scores when your done (if the other team isn't honest you can testify)
As for subbing I will be more like a emergency sub if you absolutely cant find ANYBODY
also for The Hephaestus Challenge I know about it but this will be less competitive and lets face it alot of people won't make it in 2 weeks
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:28:35 pm by Cptn zoidberg »

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 05:18:01 am »
I'm gonna be that guy again and point out some flaws here and some general dis trust to humanity.

First of if you want this to be a semi casual event the refs will be more important than in a serious tournament as players can be from a lot of different skill levels in the game. And lets face it we have all met newer clans where the entire clan would verify that someone is haxing as they can hit with a hades for 2000 m. There is also common practice to blame lag, and sometimes it is to much to play but you need someone you trust to make this call.  You don't want to deal with this after the match when there is money involved.

And regarding time any one up for a all mobula all snipe dunes game? I have a few hours free;P
No but as they sad you need rules especially about time as some teams (mine included) have a few maps where we like to sit back and snipe leading to one match taking about 1 hour or more depending on the enemy.

As a help on the way I think velvets rules (here https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3972.0.html) are really good for a more casual event with the recent change of adding 3 min for every kill rather than 5.

Also what is central time? Central standard time (GMT -5) or central European time (GMT +1).

Offline Cptn zoidberg

• [GREY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 04:39:07 pm »
central standard time and as for refs i may have to work something out.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 05:27:37 pm »
central standard time and as for refs i may have to work something out.

gg

Offline Cptn zoidberg

• [GREY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 08:55:34 pm »
It is going to be delayed until further notified