Author Topic: Introducing the new CAs!  (Read 300517 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing the new CAs!
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 05:42:09 pm »
I've been an avid member of this community ever since I joined up back in the middle of March, and I've always been trying to do my best in giving back to the community; within the first week or two, I rewrote the GoI:O Wiki because I thought it was confusing with scarce information and vague explanations. I still take a peek at it every other day to make sure that I didn't forget anything, or if there is anything I should add now that its been a few weeks since I edited it.

That semi-colon should be a period and there should be an apostrophe in "its". Putting "that" between "thought" and "it" would also be better form. You have failed your grammar Nazi exam.

Offline Fluitaire

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 06:03:16 pm »
Howdy, I'm Fluitaire (pronounced Flu It Tair) I'm an avid reader, archer, gamer and proud Nerd. I'm a Duck who just liked to help people and point out the manual, which I found out very few people actually bothered to read. Now I guess I'm a CA. So your stuck with me till Muse bashes my face in with a spanner. 8P (Please not the money maker!)  If I see them bashing any of your faces in I'll give Muse the face of my avatar alrighty? Then I will hide so they don't do it to me. Next order of business...
I Fluitaire, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all Muse staff appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to me be they by the person, or the mob.
I will keep myself mentally sane, reasonably sober and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence. 
So say we all.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 08:52:15 pm »
I've been an avid member of this community ever since I joined up back in the middle of March, and I've always been trying to do my best in giving back to the community; within the first week or two, I rewrote the GoI:O Wiki because I thought it was confusing with scarce information and vague explanations. I still take a peek at it every other day to make sure that I didn't forget anything, or if there is anything I should add now that its been a few weeks since I edited it.

That semi-colon should be a period and there should be an apostrophe in "its". Putting "that" between "thought" and "it" would also be better form. You have failed your grammar Nazi exam.

The ; is connecting two similar ideas that have the ability to stand on their own- it is correct to use a semi-colon or a period.

There should not be an apostrophe in the red "its", however, it should be "it has" instead. "Its" would be "it is" and "now that it is been a few weeks" would be incorrect. This is an error that I will chalk up to the fact that I wrote all of this during class. I will take fourty lashes regardless.

| I thought it was / I thought that it was | is an interchangeable phrase, and both are correct. The first phrase is more clear from a grammar perspective; the second phrase has a more passive voice from a narrative perspective.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:59:54 pm by Cul »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 10:45:22 pm »

The ; is connecting two similar ideas that have the ability to stand on their own- it is correct to use a semi-colon or a period.

There should not be an apostrophe in the red "its", however, it should be "it has" instead. "Its" would be "it is" and "now that it is been a few weeks" would be incorrect. This is an error that I will chalk up to the fact that I wrote all of this during class. I will take fourty lashes regardless.

| I thought it was / I thought that it was | is an interchangeable phrase, and both are correct. The first phrase is more clear from a grammar perspective; the second phrase has a more passive voice from a narrative perspective.

Did I say that I hate you? :P

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »

I think we're gonna get along juuuuuust fine. <3

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »

I think we're gonna get along juuuuuust fine. <3

Hey, I can get along with anybody who cares for grammar the same way I do.

Of course, you're pretty much defecating on the language with "gonna", "juuuuuust", and that heart after the period.

Now I need to hope that you can't find a way out of that.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 11:42:04 pm »
and that heart after the period.

Heart? What heart? All is see is a Greater than 3 statement... on that note, how can a string be Less than 3? unless you were doing a "".count or something... Makes no sense at all -.-
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:50:47 pm by Shinkurex »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 11:46:36 pm »

Heart? What heart? All is see is a Greater than 3 statement... on that note, how can a string be greater than 3? unless you were doing a "".count or something... Makes no sense at all -.-

Look again, Shink. It's indicating that the string is smaller than three, not larger.

Oh yeah, and welcome to these new CAs. They're all great guys and will most certainly be great additions to the team.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 11:51:20 pm »

Heart? What heart? All is see is a Greater than 3 statement... on that note, how can a string be greater than 3? unless you were doing a "".count or something... Makes no sense at all -.-

Look again, Shink. It's indicating that the string is smaller than three, not larger.

Oh yeah, and welcome to these new CAs. They're all great guys and will most certainly be great additions to the team.

Fair enough... I blame my lack of sleep... It has been remedied :P

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 10:22:15 am »
Fluitaire, you have appeased the great whale.  The rest shall burn for their HERESY!

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »
Hi! My irl name is Ignat. Zitruskiller or just zitrus (citrus) in game. Im 22 years old and I live in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

I joined the GOI community about 3 months ago, and i think i did pretty well both in game and on forums. In game you may know me if you are watching cogs tournament. I joined it as a member of corvus marauders team. I just played often with AquaMac, and he invited me to join his team. There i got so much needed experience and knowledge about the game. And also i got friends there. After 2 weeks of the cogs i left the team, not because i had problems there, i just wanted to try myself as a cap and leader. I joined some russian guys, who already had a ship. I formed the 2nd and we entered the cogs as a Polaris company. That was my game story. Besides, i am active in russian community. I made some video guides, which are now unique (i mean there are no more russian video guides). Also i am taking part just in all russian groups and forums about GOI.

I am usually free to join in game, and i played a lot of time with newbies who asked me to fly with them and teach them some things. Also, i had some ideas about spreading the word about GOI. Thats why i thought i would be a good CA and applied for it.

So.. thats it, see you in the skies!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 05:38:52 pm by zitruskiller »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 06:48:57 pm »
Zitrus you forgot to pledge yourself to the diety of your choosing... You have two Choices:

1) The spectacular Bacon god and his Omniflavorfullness

2) The wretched whale god that crushes things in its wake

Choose wisely

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 06:53:08 pm »
theres no God, Yuri said.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 07:30:57 pm »
theres no God, Yuri said.

However, dictated by the community you must pledge yourself to a god, it is a thing, deal with it it.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 07:48:41 pm »
Hi, I'm Papa also known as Danny, I'm a four limb amputee from Canada. I'm an analysis guru within the GOIO community, as of late I've been casting the COGs in place of qwerty, who wanted to go pet chickens. I do an analysis series following the COGs games where I talk about tactics, so if you're looking to expand your GOIO knowledge base and see the current meta in full effect you should check that out in Signal Tower part of the forums. If you see me in game, come join my boat and we can hang out and have some fun. If you have any questions feel free to ask, if I prove completely incompetent I can at least point you in the right direction.

~Paradox

I Papa Paradox, before the presence of the Holy Whale of the skies, do hereby declare my unwavering faith, fealty and service to the community of Icarus.
I pledge to follow the orders of all Muse staff appointed over me, and field all the questions, great and small, difficult or annoying, addressed to me be they by the person, or the mob.
I will keep myself mentally sane, reasonably sober (heh ya right) and regularly available as is necessitated by the Community Ambassador agreements and forms to which I have pledged my unconditional adherence.
So say we all.