Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon Quest: Past, Present, and Future  (Read 163939 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Burning Skies Saloon Quest: Past, Present, and Future
« on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:23 am »
--START OF DAY 1--

--NARRATOR--

The team's preparation for their trip to Izumi as complete. All they had to do now was wake Yiski up and determine which ships to take and who was coming along.

Roland went and woke Yiski up. Yiski shifted around a bit before opening his eyes and yawning.
Is it that time already?

Yes, we need to join the others.

Roland and Yiski went outside the warehouse to join the others.
I'm guessin' everythin' was set while I was asleep.

Yeah, I just need to figure which ships we need to bring.

Well, as far as who's comin' along, it's everybody.

Roland had a look of disbelief.
Wait. Why am I coming along? I thought I would stay here in Anvala. Is that not why you taught me to shoot? For defense?

I did teach you for your defense, but Paradox's dreadnought only keeps ships away from Anvala, not groups moving by foot. Plus, you'd be safer with us.

Yiski looks back to Zill.
Now I know you're piloting a ship, but who's taking the other?

--NARRATOR END--

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon Quest: Past, Present, and Future
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 01:11:22 pm »
*BdrLine comes out of the radio room and hears the last bit of the conversation*
Well we need something to protect ourselves big time.

*He looks to the group and continues*
I finally got word from Niko. Reason he didn't respond to my calls was because he was in the hospital. ...Two days ago, he found the location of an old Birdmen building when it was formed back in Yesha. He and a squad of Elites went up there to find any more information, instead of information, the place was rigged to blow and they barely made it out in time. My guessing the Birdmen are on to us and may have more surprises to come

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:36:29 pm »
-Narrator-

With preparation complete, Zill took stock of the situation. Again it was a chase, but this one was to be much more straightforward. They knew their enemy. They knew what was at stake.

He scanned the boats and looked to Yiski.

I think you'll be piloting your Goldfish, M'Naghten. Ill be takin' my Galleon. We need a show of force out there, and with the new engines, we will make good time. I see long range fights in our future.

You sure? Its been awhile since ive flown.

Yea. You can have the love birds and BdrLine to back you up. Ill take the gasbag mechanoid, Jun'ko, and Shink.

Zill looked up to his Galleon, Then It Was Fixed. The dual lumberjack on port side, modified to remove the safeties of arming time. The dual hwacha starboard gleaming in gold.

A memory started coming into his mind, but was quickly dashed by a hug from Jun'ko.

Well hey there.

Hey indeed. You look ready for a fight. *Smirks*

I am ready to pluck some feathers, my Admiral. *Chuckles*

BdrLine comes out with his news.

It certainly was on my mind. This backwater holdout could be the same thing, so we must be on our guard. that also means they have penetrated Yesha.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:14:50 pm »
--NARRATOR--

Yiski took a look at his goldfish, the M'Naghten. Even though Yiski was a gunner at heart, he did have a knack for piecing things together and the M'Naghten wasn't any different. One glance and anybody could tell there were different types of metal keeping the ship together, but it was resilient and reliable.

The front heavy flak was modified, like the lumberjack to eliminate the arming time. Sure it was good when the enemy got close, but without the arming time, the explosion had the potential to take out its gunner. The M'Naghten side guns were a gatling, flamer combo.

Damn, didn't think I'd find myself pilotin' again.

*Roland walks up to Yiski.*
Are we ready to go?

Yeah, like Zill said, you, Ny-Lee, and BdrLine are with me. BdrLine, you're goin' to be the main gunner. Ny-Lee and Roland, I'll need to keep my ship sailin' smoothly.

Understood.

Gotcha.

So you want me on a flak with no arming time? Well, I guess it's time again to live up to my name.

Yiski and his crew get on board and check all the systems. Everyone called systems were green and Yiski called over to Zill on the radio.

This Skies to Admiral. I'm leaving port.

Yiski had the engines started and they started to roar. Soon, Yiski, Zill, and everyone else were on their way. Rough skies or raiders weren't enough of a deterrence for them.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:57:10 pm »
*Shink was staring in awe at the dual lumberjacks on Zill's ship.*

"ZILL! If Jun'ko didn't scare me so much, I would kiss you. These are the most beautiful pieces of weaponry I've ever seen... Imagine the destruction I could do with these."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 03:34:09 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*BdrLine is over at the bow looking at the Flak Cannon*
Ahh no arming time, how I miss thee. Honestly why did they add that time anyway? Blah doesn't matter now, this thing will dominate anything that will come near

*As BdrLine eyes the Flak, Ny-Lee goes over to Roland who is standing over a rail*
*She hugs him around his waist and stares out into the view*
So, ready for this.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 03:57:13 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*Roland sighs and faces Ny-Lee. He looks at her while the wind is running through her hair and gives her a quick peck on the lips.*
Well, I kind of have to be ready, especially with Yiski piloting.

*Yiski overhears Roland from the helm*
What do you mean because I'm piloting?

Because last time I recall flying with you we had a small group of Anvalan ships chasing and shooting at you.

That was a misunderstanding. Plus, their gunners can't hit the broadside of a galleon.

*Roland chuckled and Ny-Lee gave him a inquisitive look.*
He says misunderstanding, but I do not know how you manage from working on new ammunition to punching the fleet captain in the face. Trust me, it still confuses me as well.

*Ny-Lee chuckled and gave Roland a kiss. Roland thought, for a moment, he heard BdrLine gagging.*

*Yiski called over to Zill.*
Since your new engines can keep up with me without moonshine, we should manage to get to Faberia by nightfall.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 04:08:17 pm »
-Then It Was Fixed-

-Narrator-

The two ships left Port Tar Barrel in formation. Dockmen below gave their farewell waves, and Zill took in a deep breath. He bowed his head and said his prayer.

By the Skies we fly this day. Off into the Sunset to give chase. May the Winds stay at our back. Our Dusty Mistress be appeased. Our Mugs ever full. Onwards ye' Dogs, Into the Fray.

He can hear Shinkurex below decks laughing with gusto. He would have all the firepower he needed to deter our enemies.

Ah and I expect plenty of destruction in the coming days my friend.

Jun'ko leans onto Zill at the helm.

Trust me enough to keep this monster in the Skies?

I do. Soak up the minutes while you can Jun. It looks like clear Skies today.

It sure does.

Zill kicks the radio to make it work, and hails M'Naghten.

Sounds good. Though you will have an easier time in the trees than I. Havnt been in the forest for some time.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 08:12:55 pm »
--Gunning deck of 'Then it was fixed'--

*Looking at shink*

"Hell mate, looks like we got stuck on the sexual tension express... Gods damned love birds up there."

*He laughs*

"Better not leave em' alone to long lest we crash into something."

*When Shink and Paradox went top deck, Zill was of course being 'distracted' by Jun.*

"Oh, for flak sake! get off of each other we're flying straight towards a mountain ya unobservant twits!"

*Shink just face palmed*

"Thats it! we're separating you two! Jun's below deck with me, Shink you can keep the Admiral 'company.'"

*Paradox laughs*
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:26:07 pm by PapaParadox »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:30:21 pm »
*Disappointed that he could no longer admire the lumberjacks, Shink gazes out in the distance scanning for trouble. He notices Zill a bit grumpier than before.*

"Cheer up Zill. Paradox is just being Paradox..."

*Not sure what else to say, Shink just sits in silence, and gets lost in his thoughts*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 09:43:22 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*Time passes as the M'Naghten flies through the sky*
*Yiski is still at the helm, while Ny-Lee and Roland are about the deck trying to pass the time*
*BdrLine is on top of the roof of the Goldfish with a pillow and a blanket apparently taking a nap*

*A few moments later, a sound emitted what looks like it came from BdrLine*

*Grumble, Grumble*

*BdrLine wakes up from his own stomach growling*
Oh man *holds his stomach* So hungry.

*He goes over to the side and calls down Ny-Lee*
Hey Ny, is there any food down there?

*She looks around where he brother voice is, until she looks up above Yiski*
What the? How did you get up there?

Doesn't matter, is there fooooood. Me hungry.

Get down from there and get it yourself.

*BdrLine rolls back into a laying position and yells over*
Don't want to, too lazy.

Why you... Don't make me go up there.

*Roland sees that Ny-Lee is about to go up to get BdrLine, he goes over to her to intervene*
Ny, come on I don't think you should hurt your brother for being lazy, we need everyone on this mission, and i don't think an injuring will do it. Besides, I think someone else is hungry as well.

*Ny-lee own stomach starts to growl as well, she turns away and blushes out of embarrassment*

*Roland chuckles at the sight and goes up and hugs her behind the back*
Come on, you can help me cook something for everyone.

*Ny-Lee turns around and pecks Roland on the lips*
Alright

*Both goes over to where they store the supplies and takes out a portable heat-plate and produce*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 11:15:04 pm »
-Then It Was Fixed-

*Zill and Shink keep and eye out as they fly along.*

Its nothing Shink. I have something prepared for him.

*Zill calls down to PapaP*

Oi you grease monkey, check the starboard engine. I think its pulling.

*Papa mumbles something, and makes his way back.*

Looks fine you useless pilot!

*Zill throws the throttle in reverse and pop's some tar. It engulfs the back end of the boat.*

What the Flak?!?!?

*The rest of the crew are laughing. Yiski calls on the radio after the black burst.*

What on earth was that?

Just a little payback. PapaP is getting too big for himself.

*Laughing* Good times.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 12:17:02 am »
*Papa after just getting douced with oil, turned to Jun'ko.*

"It's time to teach him a lesson, love."

"Wha...?"

Papa ran at her, she cringed and feared the worst, Papa embraced her and began to waltz around the bottom deck, she had little choice in the matter so she followed suit. Eventually they waltzed up the stairs onto the main deck, a trail of oil being left behind them. Once on the top deck, Paradox danced for a bit, showing off to Zill, and the finale he spun Jun'ko, leaned her back and kissed her passionately. Either from sheer nervousness, intoxication or inhaling fumes from the tar, she fainted, Paradox dropped her gently, bowed, and ran as Zill practically charged at Papa. Papa however didn't tire and as Zill's willpower weened he tripped on the oil trail they left behind. Poor Shink was left to keep the ship steady.

"Payback, mate."

*On his ass wheezing and out of breath Zill retorted:*

"One day, you sonbitch, one day."

*Paradox winked at him.*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 12:47:32 am »
--NARRATOR--

The team manages to reach Faberia a little after the moon started rising into the sky. Faberia wasn't a large town, but still had a port. However, the port usually only took smaller ships. Yiski's M'Naghten was barely able to fit into a dock slot. Zill's Then It Was Fixed was forced to set anchor a little outside Faberia's town limits.

Consequently, being in port did little for the crew of the M'Naghten because the town did not have much support for overnight guests and Yiski, BdrLine, Ny-Lee, and Roland had to make camp on the M'Naghten.

Meanwhile on Then It Was Fixed, Zill and Jun'ko shared a room, and Paradox and Shink were sharing a room, but unlike Zill and Jun'ko, with separate beds.

The evening went on and the entire team was sound asleep.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 1--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:07:03 am »
--START OF DAY 2--

--NARRATOR--

The sun rose over Faberia very quickly. Sadly, most the team was slow to get up. Faberia was further south than Anvala and thus much warmer than most of the team was used to throughout the year. The only member who was able to resist the very comfortable warmth of bed was Ny-Lee, given she only recently came to Anvala and Chang-ning's weather was a little warmer during this time of the year.

Ny-Lee rose out of the single-person bed and looked over to Roland and BdrLine. She walked over to Roland to admire him sleeping.
I know this is a little improper, but he looks cute when sleeping.

Ny-Lee decided to wake Roland up with a kiss on the cheek. At first, Roland fidgeted around, but still asleep. Ny-Lee then gently nudged Roland a bit. Suddenly, Roland grabbed Ny-Lee, again, and pulled her down into his bed. For the second time, Ny-Lee found herself sharing bed space with Roland. She giggled and sighed.
If this happens every time I try to wake him, I might start to like it. Hehe.

Roland finally opened his eyes to see Ny-Lee almost an inch away from his face. Unlike the first time where Roland was slow to react because of alcohol, Roland was a much quicker in realizing the situation and gave Ny-Lee a kiss on the lips.
Good morning dear.

You know, I could get used to this.

Roland blushed, but....
AHEM!

Both Ny-Lee and Roland turned their heads to see BdrLine standing at the foot of the bed.
Good, now that I've got your attentions, would you both mind getting up?

Roland immediately jumped up.
I... um.... BdrLineAzn... you....

BdrLine sighed.
I know you two are dating, but please be a couple when I'm out of sight.

Ny-Lee threw a pillow at BdrLine.
Prude.

When the three made their way on deck, they saw Yiski standing at the bow looking out into the world.
Good morning Yiski.

Without turning around.
You're up? Good. Let's get ready to ship out.

Yiski turns and goes up into the helm and radios Zill.
You up yet?

Yeah. Been up for a few minutes.

I looked at the map and if we decided to run moonshine we should get to Hole by late afternoon.

Sounds good. I'll let my engineers get intimate with the engines.

Yiski took the M'Naghten out of port and Zill raised anchor on Then It Was Fixed and soon their were on their way.

All smooth sailing right?

--NARRATOR END--