Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon Quest: Past, Present, and Future  (Read 163940 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon Quest: Past, Present, and Future
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 09:31:07 am »
-Narrator-

Zill slept surprisingly well that last night. Despite PapaP's antics, the night had fully rested the crew of Then It Was Fixed. He attempted to get up out of the extremely comfortable bed but was grabbed by Jun'ko.

Just a few more minutes hmm? *Grins*

I certainly know that look.

They kissed for awhile and then she broke to say something.

Now I wont feel so bad when PapaP gets jealous again.

*Laughs* If that grumpy old bag of gears can manage jealousy, Ill grow a propeller out my tail end.

Zill emerged from the quarters to find a very quiet vessel. His mask around his neck, he took a deep breath of the air. He didnt much care for the smell.

Hmm, hint of kerosene. We arent alone this morning.

Shinkurex emerges from his room.

Ahoy Zill. Lovely morning eh?

Indeed. Make ready the guns and when PapaP gets up tell him the same. Ive got a feelin'.

Oh hell...

Zill was then greeted by radio static and then Yiski over the line.

I looked at the map and if we decided to run moonshine we should get to Hole by late afternoon.

Sounds good. I'll let my engineers get intimate with the engines.

And Yiski, keep your guns ready and a careful eye. We're being followed.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 09:56:52 am »
*Adrenaline pumping with the thought of combat, Shink hops down to the lower deck, and loads some of the specialty rounds into the lumberjacks. If there is a battle, Shink wants to be the first one to hit them. PapaP comes clambering out of his bunk*

"What in the Burren waste land are you doing Shink?"

"Get your guns ready. Looks like we got a tail. I'll take the front guns, you can have the back. I don't want Zill's tar messing up my armor"

*Shink smiles at the distasteful look Papa gives him at the thought of another tarring, But soon starts concentrating on the gun sights, and keeping a lookout for the enemy*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 12:22:19 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*Yiski at the helm talking to Zill through the radio*
Follwed eh. Alright I'll tell the others to get everything prepped.

*He puts the receiver back onto the radio system and calls down to the three*
Got a word in from Zill. He says we're being followed. So BdrLine go and load up the Flak Cannon. Ny-Lee and Roland get the side guns ready as well and watch the engines, gonna use moonshine

On it.
*BdrLine rushes to the bow and starts loading the Flak*

*Ny-Lee goes up to the Gataling gun and starts to load that as well*
*To Roland*
Roland can you load up flame thrower? Once finished, I'll watch the bottom engines, can you watch the main.

*Roland goes over the the flame thrower and starts loading the liquid*
Already on it

*As all three guns are loaded, and Ny-Lee and Roland watching the engines, Yiski radios Zill*
All ready on my side. Hows it going on your end.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »
-Then It Was Fixed-

*Zill pops hydrogen to get above the treeline of the forest and makes a heading for Lookout.*

Jun, fix up that balloon and then head to main engine. Let me know when youre there. Shink and Papa, make your final touches and get to turning engines.

Aye my Admiral.

On it.

Yup.

Jun'ko relieves the stress from the balloon and heads to the main engine below deck.

Im here!

Poppin' Moonshine.

The Galleon lurches forward, steam billowing out the back. Zill gets word to Yiski on the radio.

Im making full steam for Lookout. The break in the trees will give us a good vantage and give me some breathing room.

Zill leaves the helm and looks off his stern. Smoke can be seen lifting up from the trees.

Knew they wouldnt leave us alone for long. Time to pluck some feathers.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 01:17:41 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*Yiski sees 'Then It Was Fixed' rise above the treeline*
*Still on the radio*

I see you rising up, any spots on our feathery friends. *sees Zill in the open* ...You want me there besides you trailing in formation, or hugging the treeline and pop up behind them when the see you.

*Yiski turns away from the radio and to BdrLine*
Bdr get ready on the main gun, they may be closer than i thought.

*BdrLine gets into the gunner seat all shaken with excitement*
*With a smirk, sights in the Cannon*
Here we go, those feather brains won't know what hit them.

*Yiski turns around to the towards the stern*
Roland, Ny watch those engines, things may get hairy in a few minutes. And Roland, if i do lift up from here, watch the balloon, poppin' Hydrogen if we do.

On it Yiski

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 03:21:40 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*Before waiting for Zill's response, Yiski decides to stay low and radios to Zill.*
You know what, I'll stay low till we get to the clearing and pop up against any poor souls who decided to follow us.

*Yiski yells down to BdrLine.*
Get ready on the flak BdrLine. We're staying low till we reach the clearing.

*There was no message from Zill indicating any potential hostiles. Yiski eventually brought the M'Naghten into the clearing.*
WHAT THE HELL!

*CRACK*

*What just occurred was a shot rang across a mere few feet from the helm, followed by the shot's sound (think when you see lightning, then hear thunder; same concept). Yiski yells down to everybody and over the radio.*
A mercury shot just rang past my starboard side comin' from the west! Guys, I need a spot NOW!

*Three more mercury shots rang across the M'Naghten. All of them managed to hit.*
Roland! How's the armor?

The armor is still good. Wait. How is that possible?

*Yiski ignored Roland after Roland said the armor was still good. There was a reason the M'Naghten had piecemeal armor: He knew exactly how to combat armor piercing rounds. Being a gunner himself, Yiski knew the rounds used to take out armor and specifically used different types of metal alloys. The result: Instead of the standard hull armor of a goldfish to be destroyed in three shots by a mercury, it took a full 8 to do against the M'Naghten.*

*Long moments pass by without any further shots. Yiski radios.*
You see anything?

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »
*Shink hears the Gunshots being fired from the enemy ships, and scans for any visual. He could see the glint of a pyramidion in the distance*

"Enemy Spotted! distance 3,000. Loading Lesmok"

*Shink loads his ammo, and aims his sights towards the glint, and pulls the trigger. The modified Lumberjack roared to life with an explosion that was deafening. Unfortunately the extra power caused Shink's aim to be slightly off. The round glances off the balloon armor*

"Dang. I love these things!"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 03:55:23 pm »
-Then It Was Fixed-

*Zill was in the clearing with his port side aimed at the forest border. His spyglass in hand, he was tracing the shots when
two more rang out.*

Brace!

*This time they were targeting the Galleon. One went between the hull and balloons, the other clipped his bow. But they gave up their position.*

Spotted West, 1.4km out. Long shots.

*The lumberjacks lit up the sky into the forest. The top deck howitzer cracked into the first ship spotted, a Pyra. It dodged the lumber shots and came racing in.*

Pop it dammit.

Shes a slippery one.

I got 'em.

*The howitzer took out the starboard engines of the rushing Pyra, it leaned and give a better shot. Shink and PapaP didnt hold back. The explosion was rather large.*

Woo thats too easy.

Holy flak that was fast.

We aint done yet.

*Smoke billows from the forest and 2 Pyramidions make their way out the forest. Zill hails Yiski.*

How about that ambush buddy?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:26:33 pm by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 04:29:39 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*Yiski wanted to give Zill and deadpan stare, but being almost 500 meters apart, Yiski settled for rolling his eyes.*
Well, an ambush is only good if you take down your target. If I had to grade them on it, they fail miserably.

*Yiski pulled out his spyglass and got a good look of the remaining two pyramidions' guns. Both pyramidions were equipped with the standard gatling/flak combo. They were also roughly 1.4 km out, but were closing in.*

*Yiski turned the M'Naghten to face them and yelled down to BdrLine.*
Open fire!

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:44 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*BdrLine from the Flak Cannon*
*He puts the Pyra in his sights and a smile comes upon his face*
Was waiting for you to say that

*He fires the first shot, the round flies through the until it impacts the bow of the closer Pyramidion. Knocking out the helm and pilot*
*Not even a half second from firing the first, BdrLine shoots off the second round aiming where the gatiling gun is placed*
*The round hits effectively destroying the gun placement. Subquencly also destroying the balloon pump*
*Without the pump, the enemy balloon deflates immediately. As it quickly fall to the earth, BdrLine fires off two more salvos, all hitting the hull*

One down, turning to the next

*As BdrLine turns to the second Pyramidion, it closed the distance by half*

Oh a bad idea to close in on us.

*He fires both shot consecutively from eachother, one hitting the hull, the other hitting the the upper weapons deck*
*Since this Pyramidion was closer, the destructive nature of the round breaks the upper railing landing onto the deck*
*It's pilot startled by the power, turns hard to port revealing the open stardboard side*

*With the open broadside of the Pyramidion, BdrLine switches to charged rounds and in three salvos, rips apart the ship, blowing it out of the sky*

That's the last of them. Yiski is there anymore out there?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 06:27:06 pm »
-Then It Was Fixed-

*The destruction of the two remaining pyra's lead to a collective cheer. Jun'ko danced, Shinkurex fired a victory shot, and PapaP was at least mildly surprised at the speed they went down.*

That was relatively easy...

They underestimate us. Quite funny for a group so bent on uniting everyone under their flag.

Like Hell im going to join that. *Chuckles*

*Zill turns the boat toward their heading and radios Yiski*

Nice kills over there. Lets get back on the way. I hate being followed. *Smirks*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 06:34:49 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*Yiski hears Zill message.*
Alright. Let's burn some moonshine! Everybody take an engine and become its friend!

*The engines begin to roar louder with the injection of moonshine. Both the M'Naghten and Then It Was Fixed started blitzing across the skies. Yiski laughed as he saw Then It Was Fixed keeping pace.*
Never understood why you'd use alcohol to boost engines, but seeing that galleon haul makes it worth the sacrifice.

*Yiski radios Zill.*
Let's see if they can keep pace.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 07:56:28 pm »
--M'Naghten--

*With Roland watching the main engine on the top deck, BdrLine and Ny-Lee takes there own turning engine*
*As siblings mind the engines, BdrLine is in thought on why they won the skirmish fairly easily*

*He turns to Ny-Lee*
Don't you find this weird?

*Without looking away from the engine*
What putting alcohol in the engines as fuel, a little but it does speed things up.

No I mean if the Birdmen wanted to stop us and take control of everything, shouldn't this fight have lasted longer?

*Ny-Lee curious to what her brother is talking about turns around*
What do you mean?

Im saying that shouldn't they brought out their best ships and crew. What we just fought right now looked like they came out from training.

*Sputter, sputter*

*Both siblings turns around and quickly fixes the engines*

Maybe after being kicked out from Yesha, their recruitment died down as well

*BdrLine thinks about it and shakes his head*
An organisation that was that big wouldn't die out that easily. I have a feeling that we only scrapped the top of this thing. ...You know what I'll talk to Yiski about it later.

*Both retun back to watch their engines*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 08:07:30 pm »
-Then It Was Fixed-

*The terrain was passing by at a fast pace. They would get to Hole early at this rate. Zill left the helm as it was clear skies to the city. He spoke to the crew.*

You can take it easy on the engines. The time in between repairs with the new design is far greater than Yiski's. 10-15 minutes id say.

Whew. My arms were giving out.

*The crew gets a collective drink and toasts to the first victory of the journey. ZIll heads to the bow and takes out his watch, twirling it in his hand.*

At this rate we'll be there for dinner.

*He twitched as a quick image of the Tesla ships flashed in front of him. He shook it away. Jun'ko saw him.*

You ok?

Memories.

They haunt you?

Everyday.

I wish I could help.

You do everyday.

She grins and heads to the now sputtering engies.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:40 pm »
After the toast, Zill and Jun had an intimate moment, which Paradox and Shink overheard.

*Papa looks at Shink*

"Shink, I love you, but I'm damaged, I don't know if this can ever work."

*Shink knowing Papa was being 100% facetious, replied*

"It's Ok, I love the dark and brooding type..."

"Sometimes, I don't know if I can carry on..."

*Papa starts to fake cry*

"We'll make it through together"

*At this point Shink and Paradox just start laughing*
*They turned to Zill and Jun'ko, still laughing*

"How do you two do this all day..."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:38:57 pm by PapaParadox »