Author Topic: Suggestion: Separate Class Customizations  (Read 8799 times)

Offline Kris Viking

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Separate Class Customizations
« on: May 19, 2014, 01:32:41 pm »
Hello. I searched the forums and could not find a thread on the subject and I apologize if there is already one.

My suggestion is this: Currently the classes can all have separate costumes, but I would like to be able to have separate looks for the character itself, including being able to, for example, have a female gunner and a male pilot or have a female engineer who looks different from the female pilot(Perhaps one has brown hair and the other has red hair). It's just a thought and it's not a big deal, but I would like that.

Thank you.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Suggestion: Separate Class Customizations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:41 pm »
I assume you mean costume presets? Because you can change sex/looks/costumes whenever you want currently.

Offline Kris Viking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 02:08:18 pm »
No, I don't mean costume presets. Let me put it like this... When I go into character customization and click Engineer and then click the female symbol then all classes turn into females. If I select blonde hair for my pilot then all the classes have blonde hair.

I would like to have separate sets of physical appearance and gender for the different classes. I would like to be able to have a blonde pilot without having a blonde gunner. I would like to have a male engineer without having to have a male pilot.

Do you see where I am going with this?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:09:49 pm by Kris Viking »

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:41:29 pm »
I understand what you mean
As much as I don't really need separate gender/hair color, I'd like to save a different costume for every separate engineer layout preset.
I suggested this idea to the devs a while ago, and so I totally support it. With all the new ship customisation I also suggest this idea to be made for the ships, so you can have Royal Goldfish with an angel figurehead under Preset no.1 and Industrial Goldfish with a mechanical dragon under Preset no.2

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:02:04 pm »
No, I don't mean costume presets. Let me put it like this... When I go into character customization and click Engineer and then click the female symbol then all classes turn into females. If I select blonde hair for my pilot then all the classes have blonde hair.

I would like to have separate sets of physical appearance and gender for the different classes. I would like to be able to have a blonde pilot without having a blonde gunner. I would like to have a male engineer without having to have a male pilot.

Right, that's what I meant my presets. Just like you can make different presets for ships or tools, make ones that are for your character and costumes.

Offline Kris Viking

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 05:07:49 pm »

Right, that's what I meant my presets. Just like you can make different presets for ships or tools, make ones that are for your character and costumes.

I am still not sure we are talking about the same thing. Are you talking about having presets that you can go into the character customization and activate to change to a previously determined costume and look?

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »

I am still not sure we are talking about the same thing. Are you talking about having presets that you can go into the character customization and activate to change to a previously determined costume and look?
Yes. Like, Option one that you put together and saved is Female with such and such hair with such and such costume, option two is male with so and so hair and so and so outfit, etc... and then you can just click between those when you want to change.

Offline Kris Viking

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 05:25:24 pm »
Well then we are not talking about the same thing. I am not talking about having presets to change things in the character customization. I am talking about changing the "look", I E physical appearance(Gender, hair colour, skin colour, eye colour, scars), of one class while being able to have a different physical appearance on another class at the same time.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 06:08:33 pm »
Being able to change (e.g.) the theme for option A independently from optione B and C would actually annoy me to great affect. If I happen to change it, I would have to do for every option. However, this could be fixed by being able to "link" the presets together, so they all look the same.

Being able to change the (e.g.) face for each class individually could mean that each class is a different person. Which means every player can either be 3 different persons, 3 twins, or just 1 guy who is able to play each class.
MUSE has to decide wether they want that or not, may it be as good for personization as it is.

Generally, I support the idea.

Offline Kris Viking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 06:14:51 pm »
Being able to change (e.g.) the theme for option A independently from optione B and C would actually annoy me to great affect. If I happen to change it, I would have to do for every option. However, this could be fixed by being able to "link" the presets together, so they all look the same.

Being able to change the (e.g.) face for each class individually could mean that each class is a different person. Which means every player can either be 3 different persons, 3 twins, or just 1 guy who is able to play each class.
MUSE has to decide wether they want that or not, may it be as good for personization as it is.

Generally, I support the idea.

Yeah I think that there should be a box to tick and untick if you want all your characters to have the same physical appearance or not. I would like the change I have spoken of, but I wouldn't want it forced on anyone.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 07:42:18 pm »
People have suggested this before, and i cant believe why its not implemented.

But it is a very viable suggestion. Or it should be...
We all want it, we just didnt get it yett. But its a very minor thing so dont expect it any time soon.