Author Topic: How to handle silent or noncommunicative crews  (Read 19388 times)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
Re: How to handle silent or noncommunicative crews
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 07:36:13 am »
and avoid the ryders and wolves because they like to fly up close and personal which is a well known exploit

Muse have tried to patch it multiple times, huehuehue

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 10:33:50 am »
also another trick is to park your ship in a safe corner of the map where there are no enemies in sight and explain to the crew how the ship is going to work and wait for responses (which at times come in the form of DCs)

Offline Deniper

• Salutes: 11
    • [CCC]
    • View Profile
    • On wings miniatures game :)
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 11:57:34 am »
also another trick is to park your ship in a safe corner of the map where there are no enemies in sight and explain to the crew how the ship is going to work and wait for responses (which at times come in the form of DCs)

HAHA... Ya trying to talk to some players... I wish I could have tossed some one off my ship the other night as in "walk the gorram plank!"

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 05:05:12 am »

Hahaha, wow, that's... that's evil and genius.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 03:36:59 pm »
    harbour a dinosaur called Shinkurex.[/li][/list]

that's a new one for me.... never been called a dinosaur before.... hmmmmm

COME ON! Shinkurex? T-Rex? Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Holy Bacon... How have I never made this connection before! SHINK! WHY HAVE YOU NEVER TOLD US YOU WERE A DINOSAUR!?! Think of all the fun we could have had!

Offline Ariden

• Salutes: 21
      • [SAC]
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 08:15:20 pm »
    Sorry to be boring but back to the original poster: here's another tip. If you're a captain and your fellow captain is uncommunicative, always follow them. Let them take the lead (do this by pressing M and staying close to them). Whoever they attack you attack, and if they stand back you stand back as well. I often use this strategy and find it very resourceful.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
      • [WOLF]
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 12:46:55 am »
    Sorry to be boring but back to the original poster: here's another tip. If you're a captain and your fellow captain is uncommunicative, always follow them. Let them take the lead (do this by pressing M and staying close to them). Whoever they attack you attack, and if they stand back you stand back as well. I often use this strategy and find it very resourceful.

my tip was legitimate and often executed by me

Offline WafflesToo

• Salutes: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 10:31:55 pm »

Where the f-sauce have you been? Almost every match I start waiting for crew duty assignments and the only response is usually the engines starting up and us turning toward the enemy.

It's gotten so bad that I'll usually contact my fellow engineer to work out who's on hull detail

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • Salutes: 284
      • [Muse]
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 12:16:28 am »
    I always tell my crew what to do when we start. "Get to the engines. Moonshine."

But, ya, I have done the Captain's tour before. I generally just set throttle at full and tell new crew members to follow me around and I will show them their areas and what to do. Oh, and you have less than a minute to learn because there is no one steering the ship.