Author Topic: Guns of icarus tournament with prize1  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Cptn zoidberg

• Salutes: 0
    • [GREY]
    • View Profile
Guns of icarus tournament with prize1
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:03:31 pm »
I am hosting a guns of icarus tournament in a few weeks please check it out and sign up!
Also their is a prize of $100!
https://binarybeast.com/xGoIO1405150/admin/update#info

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of icarus tournament with prize1
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:56:16 am »
who is paying?
how will you pay the prize to 8 members who most likely live in 4 diffrent countries atleast?

there is not really any information on what you are proposing here.

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:27:04 am »
Just to be that guy but if you offer up money as a price it will due to different countries laws be illegal for most people under 18 (or what ever is the legal age for gambling is in that country), this and the fact that it will be difficult to actually pay out to people in other countries will most likely put a lot of people of.

Have you seen any thing about the previous tournaments? If not go and cheek those out (here are some of them https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WBEFjkgPu5l1dDFBrspAw), and do look up the rules for those tournaments in this forum (most of the skilled players are really picky with rules and will not sign up for any thing they don't approve of).

In short, more deatails, more rules and a "safer" price is what I would like to see. Also specific dates as there is another tournament ruining at this point (https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3965.0.html)

Hope this helps to get more people interested in this:)

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 11:15:18 am »
Pretty much what these guys have said.. so far all we know is:
Apparently there will be a prize
Ae will be playing guns of icarus
Some point in the next 30 or so days
There is a link I can't view
You don't know the difference between "there" and "their"

You see our problem?

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:00:14 pm »
Hi zoidberg. An issue I have with this is that drive-by linking your event in another section of the forum without any further elaboration/information or answers to the legitimate questions that have been asked in here is not really a very good look.

Because we don't have anything to really go on, before I knew what binary beast was I actually thought this was some kind of spam.

The competitive community is EXTREMELY player-run, so we do love our tournaments and leagues. However, at the moment we are in quite a busy time, it seems like we have about 2-3 separate leagues starting up - and player fatigue is indeed a thing.

Please provide us with more information if you want this to be taken seriously among the other current events, as those organizers have put a lot more effort into the planning and presentation of their events and have been very interactive with the community.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:14:57 pm by Morblitz »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 01:05:55 am »
Hillerton, though it does not always seem so because of crappy netcode, congested servers, and general glitchiness, GOI is still a skill-based game and not gambling :P

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 05:07:54 am »
Wait you mean there is something else to it than hoping your enemy have a worse internet connection than you yourself do? ;P

No but in all seriousness, where I'm from playing games for money have a tendency to fall under our gambling laws as e-sports isn't any thing the people making the laws really understand. I just assumed it could be the same in other countries and that it could become a problem. And to be honest I'm actually old enough to gamble (I'm a big boy now:P) so even with that it's cool for me, just fleet silly having to ask for age to enter my team in a tournament;) 

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 07:19:13 am »
tactics > skill > blame it on muse

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 09:10:18 pm »
Wow... uh...

Why should we sign up and check it out?

Guns of icarus tournament with prize1

I am hosting a guns of icarus tournament in a few weeks please check it out and sign up!
Also their is a prize of $100!
[Link that cannot be accessed to]

Money prize is questionable, no info on the forum is questionable, spelling mistakes make this unproffesional and even more questionable to the money prize.
No one can trust you.