Author Topic: Was Going to Rant  (Read 11470 times)

Offline Sam Mean Man

• Salutes: 0
    • [MEAN]
    • View Profile
Was Going to Rant
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »
I recently came back to play GOI after a break and during my first match I got berated for being a bad team member for flying a long range Spire and was having difficulties helping the friendly goldfish that kept on rushing in because I had no crew and the AI was trying to do everything but alas failing. To sum it up shortly we lost the game despite my ship doing ok, but in the following lobby I got attacked for being a bad teammate and the cause for the loss and I should just go play cod however I sucked it up and played again however in the game that followed the situation mimicked itself again, and more verbal abuse followed from the previous ally and the new one stating how i'm barely playing and it's all my fault and at least next time I might learn something otherwise I should stop playing. But before I actually start ranting like mad even though I kinda have I wanted to thank a random player called Bodaciouslycrazy who steeped in and said despite how I played there was no need for them to go that far and basically calmed the situation down and then went on to pm me if I was ok and that I wasn't the cause for losing and they went to far with the insults, and basically wanted to check if I was alright. So despite my mini rant I actually want to praise this player as he helped me out during a frustrating moment in the game and basically cheered me up.  I wanted to give Bodaciouslycrazy a shout out for being a good community member and stepping in when he didn't have to so here It is and I hope there are more members like you out there.  :)

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Was Going to Rant
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:34:55 pm »
Some people do take this game way too seriously despite not being in a tournament and get super worked up about it  ;) But hey, it's the internet, what can you do  :P

Fortunately, this unnamed person is not representative of our entire playerbase. Block 'em (left click on their name->mute/block player), enjoy the blessed silence, and keep them the block list as a reminder to NOT play with that guy ever again.

The opposite also holds true: every time you play a match with people you like, put them on your friends list!

(Obviously I do not know all the details, but in the future try discussing your strategy with your teammate in the lobby and see if he wants to roll with it, if not just try your best, or change your ship build.)

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:51:56 pm »
It's also worth reporting the person. If they collect many reports then Muse can see that's something is up and need dealing with. :)

Click on the player and click report Abuse change the category of the reported as need, where the source is (tick as needed) and give a description. Muse will try and get to the report and take action if needed :)

There's a lot of new players so lots of new reports to sort but it will be looked at in due time.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:59:03 pm »
There's also been an... influx of recent players, and with them are going to come some who are going to be coming with some horrible manners. Unfortunate that you were put in this sort of position in the first place, but trust me, most of the ones who will stick around after this rush will be much much better, as you can tell by at least one person who you've ran into.

Keep at it, and hope to see you in game :)

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:43:47 am »
also don't ready up without a crew  (not saying you did but just wanted to point that out just in case)

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:47:15 am »
Yeah like Abby said the best thing to do is report them then forget them.
Nice to see you sucked it up and ignored them, the worst thing to do is get worked up and arguing yourself.

But don't worry :) Like in any community you have people like that then you have the friendly members. Luckily for GoIO You usually find a lot more of the latter. If you do have more issues with that then you can click on the "Community" tab in the top left, then at the bottom the "Meet the CAs" tab. You'll find a list of online Community Ambassadors/Mods who can help you out with any issues. Game related or player related.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 11:32:14 am »
But don't worry :) Like in any community you have people like that then you have the friendly members. Luckily for GoIO You usually find a lot more of the latter. If you do have more issues with that then you can click on the "Community" tab in the top left, then at the bottom the "Meet the CAs" tab. You'll find a list of online Community Ambassadors/Mods who can help you out with any issues. Game related or player related.
We're also really cool to fly with :D

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 11:33:14 am »
AI doesn't shoot at stuff over a certain range, even if the guns will reach. When I ready up without a crew (which I do all the time) I make sure to take a close range build. Blender fish, manticore galleons, and double gat ramming pyras work well with AI. Especially since they can support a crewed ship.

Offline Sam Mean Man

• [MEAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys and I will try to avoid flying without a crew as I really only use the spire.  :)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 12:36:14 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys and I will try to avoid flying without a crew as I really only use the spire.  :)
I love Spires too! We shall have to fly together sometime :D

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 01:54:24 pm »
Speaking of ai herding, it's best to use guns that do wide-area damage, like gar/mort or hwacha. The ai just shoots in the general direction of the enemy, it can't target components.

Another trick is that the AI will never mount or shoot a flare or mine launcher.

An AI spire would be difficult because spires rely on precision shooting to disable enemy guns and stay alive.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »
If you fly AI, fly a ship that is good for AI. AI can be godlike with flames or hades but inept to useless with standard kill builds. Pyra, Junker...light ships. Avoid ships with heavy guns as when the AI misses, they'll miss big. Plus the AI won't be using specialized rounds.

Give the game a week and 90% of these numbnuts will be gone. Usually what happens after a sale. The best way to get them back is to learn to fly a Munker. Then if a bad player is on either side you can mine him. It also is a great tool for clearing out noobs from lobbies. Run it once, everyone rage quits. Mission complete.

Offline WafflesToo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 09:13:14 pm »
Sounds similar to a recent incident I had. Pilot flew straight into the teeth of a pair Pyros armed with flak and mercurys with predictable results and spent the rest of the match berating the engineer (me) for not keeping the ship repaired.

Going to be some in every crowd I guess.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 10:31:36 am »
Everybody has examples of foul lobbies. Finding a group to fly with is a major aspect in staying enticed to the game. Glad you had a good player in your lobby to defend you, and I hope the trash will be carried out when the heat of sale winds down.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 12:32:15 pm »
Every time someone acts toxic in Guns of Icarus Online, a server hamster dies.
Please, help spread awareness of this cruel occurrence by joining PATaSHD.
(Players Against Toxicity and Server Hamster Death).