Author Topic: In search of a clan  (Read 9236 times)

Offline The Iron Kielbasa

• Salutes: 1
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
In search of a clan
« on: May 15, 2014, 03:15:55 pm »
Hey Guys,

New to the game but really like it and so I'm looking for a clan to dominate the skies with. I may be new to this game but have been a avid gamer since I got my Atari back in the day. I'm looking for a bit more of a laid back clan with mature (but maybe a bit immature) gamers who are in it not just to kick ass but to have a good time doing it.

If I sound right for your clan then you know what to do!

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: In search of a clan
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:34 pm »
Salve Kielbasa!

More often than not its the players who decide what clan they wish to join, rather than the clans who pick them. It sounds like you already know the kind of clan that you're interested in joining, but another important thing that you should think about is time zoning. In a world-wide game like this people aren't always on at the same time, so you should probably look into a clan who's most active during your play time. Since I'm here I'll post a link to my clan's recruitment thread here on the forums: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3657.0.html . But there are whole bunch of awesome clans out there, you just have to look for them!

In any event, see you in the skies!~

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »
Thanks Jub, totally forgot to mention my time zone, which is EST.

In other games I've found that I had better luck with clans that saught me out rather then trying to shoehorn myself into someones clan so that's why I figured I'd go this route.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »
Nahhh, clans (at least from personal experience) like it when you show some initial initiative. Just look though the clans (in game, the clans in the Clan List are listed via commendations given to the players, so the more "respected" clans are all on the 1st and 2nd pages) and if one sounds interesting to you, just get in contact with one of the clan's members (preferably one of the officers) and state that you'd be interested in joining. Just about everyone who does that will get into the clan that they're interested in.

I hope this helped, and good luck with your search!

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:25:57 pm »
On the other side of that coin I like it when a clan shows interest in me, I find clans that recruit are generally a better community then clans that are just waiting for people to sign up and at the end of the day the whole point of being in a clan (at least for me) is the community.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 05:31:58 pm »
Many of the clans do the competitive scene in GOIO and not all of them hire from public postings. We ourselves gain all our members via in game. We play with them, see if they're cool, see if they listen and learn well or are exceptional. Then we bring them on. All friend based, in fact we haven't gained a member from the docks here for probably almost a year now. And now we're a multigaming clan that brings in members from other games too.

I've run guilds in MMOs too and public postings or those who would respond to recruitment messages would tend to not be the committed players. They'd be the guild hoppers. So most of my guilds would rarely do it. We'd rely on word of mouth or friending people first before inviting. Generally would get more stable and committed players, less drama/etc. The highest drama guilds in my experience, have always been the ones who invite everyone and anyone into guild via huge advert spams/etc. Their guilds would sky rocket to 500+ people and then within a short time they'd completely implode or fracture. A core group would be formed which would then seal themselves off from the rest of the community. Community would feel unable to ever rise to be in that group so they'd split. Form new guilds, realize its more hassle than it's worth, then end sub or just bounce around to another guild.

So, if you want a clan to show interest in you in GOIO, then it would be good to try and run with them in game. Clans are recruiting but if they're like us, we just aren't inviting everyone which cries out "I need a clan!" You are already showing a major advantage over other people who have no idea there are forums. I forward a lot of people to the Docks and none of them have any clue the game is so deep that there is a clan community as well as competitive leagues.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 06:23:32 pm »
other clans just don't like people very much...

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 07:09:59 pm »
my only suggestion is get ingame and find people you like flying with, then join their clan.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »
and avoid the wolfpack they are the worst

Offline Ariden

• Salutes: 21
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »
What. We love people.

And yes I agree with Skrimskraw. Go in game, get some experience, and the more experience you get the more people you will meet. Those who you feel the most comfortable with you can join. :)