Author Topic: change the play day  (Read 22478 times)

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: change the play day
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 12:43:26 pm »
it also depends on how many games they have and how long each game lasts. 4pm EST if when the top cog match is suppose to start.

Frankly I think it might be better for the top cog to go last, and have the lowest cog go first?

that would seem more like a tournament so yes, that's traditionally how most things like that work right?

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 12:31:43 am »
it also depends on how many games they have and how long each game lasts. 4pm EST is when the top cog match is suppose to start.

Frankly I think it might be better for the top cog to go last, and have the lowest cog go first?

I always wondered why it wasn't like this. There's no real difference when you think about it other than it goes against our expectations of the "warm up to headliner" format.

Back on topic, the current time puts me at 6 or 7 Sunday morning in Aus. Just in time for Dr Who to finish. It's probably the easiest for me without making all Americans play midnight on Friday.

Now Timezones confuse me. Is EST UTC-4 or UTC-5?

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 12:36:06 am »
Okay, Cogs does not have to be the only tournament. Make your own!
If you don't like the day, organize a different league. I like the Duck Games or whatever the Quackers are doing.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 09:06:00 am »

We are on Eastern Daylight time now, so I believe its UTC-4

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 05:22:54 pm »
UTC-4 while USA running summer time (since 2nd Sunday of Match until 1st Sunday in November)

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 07:47:27 pm »
Okay, Cogs does not have to be the only tournament. Make your own!
If you don't like the day, organize a different league. I like the Duck Games or whatever the Quackers are doing.

Well... competing tournaments might not work out in such a small setting.  It'd be better to try to make this work for as many people as possible.

The current time works for me and everyone who wants to play with me, though having a prearranged alternate date in case both sides want to move the match a day later for whatever reason would probably be nice.  Late night Friday, or the proposed Sunday time, just whatever gets both teams playing each other so long they agree to meet at that time.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 11:45:55 am »
There is absolutely no way I will ever be able to compete in the Cogs on a Saturday afternoon/evening, short of calling off work. Love the game, but that's not about to happen, ever. Some of us have rent and bills, ya know?

Sure the game isn't that huge, but I am all for an alternate time second tournament.

Is the COGs *OFFICIALLY* run by Muse, or do they just support it through promotion, and this board, etc.?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 11:50:49 am »
Is the COGs *OFFICIALLY* run by Muse, or do they just support it through promotion, and this board, etc.?

They just support it. It is entirely player run/organized.

Offline aeron-man

• Salutes: 1
    • [LBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:24 pm »
I'm not a challenger but i'll answer as if i were one.

The day don't bother me, saturday is fine if the match isn't out of the week end that's fine.
but the hour, bother me a few more

I'm french, and the France is in the timezone GMT+1.
so in france when the cogs start, it's 21h ( 9 PM ), at this moment, i'm eating, it's a annoying but i can eat before to participate.
I would prefer play during the afternoon, like 15-16h ( 3 or 4 PM ) but in american it's 10 AM. a saturday peoples want to sleep at this moment
and i think, if i were them, wake up at 10 AM would be really really annoying

so that's what i would prefer but i wouldn't ask them that ...

finally, i prefer don't change the actual organization :D

That was an aeron_man's allocution :)

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
That's actually not a bad idea, it would be late night for Australians (midnightish depending on timezone) which is way better than the 5am (ish) starts they've been looking at. It'd be rough on West Coast players, who would have to play at 7am. Overall I think if there was a move to change ti to aeron's proposed time I'd be on board.

Having said that I don't think the current time is prohibitively bad.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »
Obviously any time that is selected will have some problems with some people. A good organization will do the best that it can to minimize the scheduling conflicts. It's very likely that the COGs are doing that now.

However, if you've ever been out to eat, to a gas station, or to any store or business on any hour of the weekend -- I'm sure you'll understand that the middle working class doesn't get to sit home on Saturday/Sunday like we have a day off from school. Furthermore, a large percentage of 'gamers' do NOT have salaried Monday-Friday 9-5 jobs.

This is something that should be taken into consideration as the population of this game grows.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 01:32:50 pm »
Obviously any time that is selected will have some problems with some people. A good organization will do the best that it can to minimize the scheduling conflicts. It's very likely that the COGs are doing that now.

However, if you've ever been out to eat, to a gas station, or to any store or business on any hour of the weekend -- I'm sure you'll understand that the middle working class doesn't get to sit home on Saturday/Sunday like we have a day off from school. Furthermore, a large percentage of 'gamers' do NOT have salaried Monday-Friday 9-5 jobs.

This is something that should be taken into consideration as the population of this game grows.

So very much the truth.  I get incredibly frustrated whenever I see someone being flippant about others' issues just because they personally aren't affected.  Cogs are at 3 in the morning for you and you get on just fine?  Good for you, not everyone has the luxury of staying up that late or getting up that early, not everyone has that day off.  If it can't be helped then it IS just a matter of dealing with it, but we should be making every effort to avoid that if at all possible.  It sucks being on the receiving end of those "deal with it" remarks, so don't fling them around just to brag about your own dedication.

That being said, 4-ish on a Saturday will likely be the one time that's convenient for the most people playing, I think it's a great "standard" time that should be adjusted as requested and complemented with rescheduled games if at all possible for those who cannot make the standard times.

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 12:23:59 am »
Make additional events!  don't let cogs be the only thing going on.

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:32 am »