Author Topic: Muse in Arms (Gunnery guide for 1.3.6)  (Read 10354 times)

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Muse in Arms (Gunnery guide for 1.3.6)
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:50 am »
I've updated and extended my previous gunnery guide. Along the run I've migrated to steam, as maintaining a guide without being able to actually edit it on my own is silly.

here's a link to it: Muse in Arms (Gunnery guide for 1.3.6)
currently it'd hidden in the dark guide-section noone reads. So I'd appreciate if you guys could rate it along the way so people who search for guides on steam can actually find it quickly and don't stumble into guides with false or outdated information.

If you want to contribute in any way, there's a lot of stuff I could use help with:
- adding youtube tutorials to the gun specific sections,
- cleaning up my horrible spelling/grammar/phrasing mistakes throughout the guides
- adding cosmetic things like gun-symbols in the loadout-suggestion sections
- adding content of any sort (additions to existing sections, new gun-specific sections)
- keeping it up to date.
- probably a lot of stuff I don't even think of right now.

If you're interested in making the guide better in one way or another, just tell me and I'll likely add you as a contributor to the guide, which allows you to work on it directly.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:59:14 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Muse in Arms (Gunnery guide for 1.3.6)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:38:47 pm »
Excellent, accurate, will-presented guide wundsalz, thank you for putting in the effort to draw/analyze/compile everything. I'd like to make a few corrections, mostly on effective ranges.

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:05:14 pm »
alright, can you add me on steam (same name as here)?

Offline Chaodiurn

• Salutes: 1
    • [YAAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 12:00:35 am »
Great guide! I'm new GoI and this one really helps me on my first steps. However, it's a bit messy indeed and I'd offer my help to clean the thing up a bit. I sadly can't make use of Steam communities right now, as I need to verify my account with a six-digit code on my browser but only receive five-digit codes from their system. I still could mail you a list of your mistakes here or something, for the ticket I seem to have to write probably won't get answered too soon.

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 05:49:45 am »
Progress report:
- Omniraptor has rewritten the glossary and basics section of the guide - they're way more readable now. Thank you!
- Summary (TL;DR) section added
- many minor tweaks and corrections

I still could mail you a list of your mistakes here or something, for the ticket I seem to have to write probably won't get answered too soon.
Sounds great, go ahead! I think I'd prefer a corrected text over a list of mistakes. If that's extra effort on your end, I can work with a list as well though. Feel free to post the corrections here or mail them to me (wundsalz äth gmail com)!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:06:31 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Chaodiurn

• Salutes: 1
    • [YAAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 08:53:22 pm »
Turns out I'm too dumb to use Steam. I verified everything and should be able to work directly with the guide now, at least I'm able to join groups now. My steam name's Darkata, should it be needed for further progress.