Author Topic: Ship Cosmetics Wishlist  (Read 89702 times)

Offline MetaFive

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 20
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Ship Cosmetics Wishlist
« on: May 02, 2014, 12:20:56 pm »
With the new addition of cosmetics to our ships, I thought it best to gather all the ideas and requests for the latest ship fashions all in one place, as well as to open the floor for general discussion on the matter. Want an awesome set of bull-horns strapped to your Junker's balloon? Looking for a flaming skull with snakes coming out of its eyes as a balloon decal? Post it here.

I also wish to offer a reminder that the implementation of user generated content/steam workshop contributions is still an option we are exploring and hoping to provide in the future. Clan-specific logos will be largely reliant on this feature as well, so keep your requests accessible to the playerbase at large.

And before you ask- the "Birthday" theme is already the subject of discussion among the team.

Opening the floor.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Cosmetics Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 12:27:09 pm »

Figurehead suggestion -  Kitty ears on the ship, place on the side of the balloons or in case of moba.. I dunno.. upside down >_>

Themes suggestion - Pet Shop/Pet Trader - Deals with trading pets! Cages, possible a cats, dogs and.. parrots and so on, hidden in varies chubby holes around the ships.

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:00:41 pm »
Purple balloon paint with golden fins for the Goldfish ^_^

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:45:33 pm »
Ship name on side of ship

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 03:06:03 pm »
Smiley face / "have a nice day" Balloon Logo
Green thumb ship theme -  green plants in plant pots and hanging holders, maybe even grass on the deck.
Shark Mouth and eyes Figurehead

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 03:39:54 pm »
Nothing impersonates "CHAAAAARGE!" like a rhinoceros. We totally need rhino-figureheads for our rambitious Pyramideons.

Offline SapphireSage

• Salutes: 11
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 08:32:11 pm »
Since this is the thread for ship customization wants I might as well link this here and give it my support.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3940.0.html

IMO I would like that figurehead to have more of the cog present so as to wrap itself around the bow instead of sticking out so prominently.

Also, having decals for the symbols of each of the factions on the main site would be pretty neat for those that wish to align themselves to their factions. Although, it seems that Anglea and the Fjord Baronies need their own symbols since it seems they don't have one.

Offline Ariden

• Salutes: 21
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 09:12:06 pm »
White dye, such as that of the original mobula.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 02:02:10 am »
I'd like to see secondary colours for ships that would paint the hulls.
As for themes:

Homey theme: make it look like your crew actually lives on the ship and doesn't have a home port. add things like sleeping rolls, extra plants, cook ware like a stove and pans, and have laundry hanging from the ropes. not really an awesome theme but more funny seeing trousers flying in the breeze during a battle.

Raider theme: adds metal cages and intimidating spikes to make the ship look like it is heavily into the business of raiding caravans and taking slaves.

Boneyard theme: decorates the ship with animal bones, and hides such as buffalo skulls or whale bones lining the walls, and fur carpets.

add an authentic elephant skull for a figure head to go with the boneyard theme, and perhaps a skeleton hanging in a cage as a figure head to go with the raider theme.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 02:12:56 am »
Clearly ships need Duckbills. 

It's obvious in a post apocalyptic airship driven era, duckbills would be high fashion on any traiding, raiding or military vessel.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 02:34:57 am »
Cultural themes - Anglea, Baronies, Yesha (Well, most of the ships are Yesha to start), Guild, Arashi, Chaladon
Automoton Theme - This could serve as an Anglean theme also but just have the theme being with some automotons on board the ship. Think Bioshock vending machine style.
Pirate hunter - Bullet holes and makeshift armor patch jobs. Hash marks signifying kills. Wanted signs posted in parts of the ship.
Ghost ship - As it states, looks like an undead airship. Maybe add some eerie glow effects to it. This could be a special seasonal theme.
Christmas ship - Again another special holiday ship but with snowmen and such on board.
Air Pirate - No brainer. Stolen cargo, booze bottles, and piles of treasure.

Also, themes that change more of the stock appearance. Not just around the basic frame. So say a theme which adds more of an armored shroud to some of the balloons. Just for looks of course but it would be a good prep for Adventure mode where people would likely want customization like that.

Offline Ruairi

• Salutes: 6
    • [ƤƦ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 04:28:24 am »
Themes:
Cursed theme:
Worn out flags with holes in them hanging loosely from the ship, dark armour with blackened brass linings, small candle lanterns, skulls on spikes aligning the sides of the ship, along with possibly some treasure.

Eldritch theme: The ship appears ghostly... almost as if the ship no longer be real but an apparition.

Figure heads:
Skeletons of various types e.g. one holding a chalice, or another with a thorn crown and arms crossed.
Siren: an alluring woman, with one hand over her heart and the other reaching outwards. Her face a menacing grin...
Banshee: A woman in a torn dress strapped to the bow, chains encircling her. Her face screaming in the wind...

Emblems:
Pirate flags/symbols e.g. Jolly Roger

Ye best start believing in ghost stories... ;)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 10:50:19 am »
Pirate hunter - Bullet holes and makeshift armor patch jobs. Hash marks signifying kills. Wanted signs posted in parts of the ship.
And, if possible, make those wanted signs actually display the current top wanted people from the wanted list. Because how awesome would that be.

Offline Nidh

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 01:17:18 am »
Oh, would it be possible to have different balloon colors for different loadouts as well as different ship names? I don't want to have to re-dye the balloon and re-name my ship everytime I want to roleplay a different ship.

Offline Deltajugg

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 06:26:17 pm »
Ship Decals: Faction Logos (how is that not a thing yet? :P)
Ship Themes: Faction Themes, but I would mostly love to see the current themes updated to the point where the difference between the clear ship and a themed ship will be overwhelming. Every wall, floor and object covered with theme-related stuff.
Other than that I like the Boneyard and Raider theme ideas mentioned before. I'd also love to see something related to the Greek or Egyptian culture.
Ship Figureheads: I'd like to see something like Hydra heads or snakes coiled around an object (bowsprit maybe?). I would also love to see a drill or disc saw for additional ramming satisfaction :P

Speaking of ideas, Ship Figureheads and Decals could have some more love with the placement choice, and would be nice if there was an option to change decal's size to some extent.

Is there a thread like this about Character cosmetics? I sure do have some wishes when it comes to this one :P